Home

Bears fans: What are your draft priorities?

This is a discussion on Bears fans: What are your draft priorities? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Bears fans: What are your draft priorities?

OK, It looks like Ill probably be getting Chicago for a mock draft I will be participating in. Now, granted, its somewhat hard to peg at this point due to FA and how the draft unfolds but I was just curious to see what the the Bears fans think in terms of who/what they should draft.

If Otah, Connor, Phillips, Mendenhall/Stewart, or Brohm are available at 14, who should the Bears take? Should it be someone else if they are there? Also, how many draft picks does Chicago have and what rounds are they in? And finally, if you can, please rank the draft priorities by position. For example, 1) OT, 2) QB, 3) OLB, 4) RB, 5) S...

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Bears fans: What are your draft priorities?

Otah or Phillips, maybe even a WR if Berrian leaves.

Draft priorities:

1. Offensive tackle. It’s a good year to be looking for one in the first round even if Ole Miss’ Michael Oher has decided to return to school.

2. Quarterback. The turnstile spun three times this past season.

3. Wide receiver. Bernard Berrian is a free agent and a playmaker is needed even if they manage to bring him back.

4. Safety. Angelo said it best ... he cannot count on Mike Brown.

5. Running back. This need could jump up if the right player is available in the draft but when you look at how Green Bay solved its problems with Ryan Grant, you wonder if the Bears will choose a different path.

6. Defensive tackle. The rotating nose tackle might have hurt Tommie Harris as much as his hamstring and knee.

7. Guard. They don’t have a lot of youth here either.

8. Linebacker. This is one position the team uses to build its core on special teams. Oh yeah, Lance Briggs will probably depart in free agency too.

Bears Picks:

RD1 P14
RD2 P45
RD3 P76
RD3 P91 (from Chargers)
RD4 P107
RD5 P137 (from Panthers)
Traded their 5th Rounder to Bills
RD6 P169
RD7 P207
Old 01-24-2008, 11:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbz708
Otah or Phillips, maybe even a WR if Berrian leaves.

Draft priorities:

1. Offensive tackle. It’s a good year to be looking for one in the first round even if Ole Miss’ Michael Oher has decided to return to school.

2. Quarterback. The turnstile spun three times this past season.

3. Wide receiver. Bernard Berrian is a free agent and a playmaker is needed even if they manage to bring him back.

4. Safety. Angelo said it best ... he cannot count on Mike Brown.

5. Running back. This need could jump up if the right player is available in the draft but when you look at how Green Bay solved its problems with Ryan Grant, you wonder if the Bears will choose a different path.

6. Defensive tackle. The rotating nose tackle might have hurt Tommie Harris as much as his hamstring and knee.

7. Guard. They don’t have a lot of youth here either.

8. Linebacker. This is one position the team uses to build its core on special teams. Oh yeah, Lance Briggs will probably depart in free agency too.

Bears Picks:

RD1 P14
RD2 P45
RD3 P76
RD3 P91 (from Chargers)
RD4 P107
RD5 P137 (from Panthers)
Traded their 5th Rounder to Bills
RD6 P169
RD7 P207
Tait plays left tackle, right? Is an upgrade needed there or is he serviceable? Keep in mind that next year should be good for tackles too with Loadholt and Oher in the draft. I know Ruben Brown is the main guy who needs a replacement. Im not sold on Phillips but theres a big drop off after him according to where various places have the others slotted. On the other hand, do you think 14 is a little high to take a right tackle, or do you see Otah playing left tackle?
Old 01-24-2008, 11:33 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

I've heard talk of moving Tait back to his natural RT position and getting rid of Fred Miller.

However they do it, the Offensive Line needs a youth injection quickly.

They still can go after one of the OG in FA (I think Faneca is too expensive but one of the Colt's Guards would be a nice upgrade) so it can all change after that.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

I'd say they'd have to go after QB Brian Brohm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Best available offensive player in the first round. Don't care who it is because, Lord knows, we need all the help we can get on offense. I would prefer to trade up and get either Darren McFadden or Matt Ryan. BUT if they do select at their slot in the first round then you'd have to look at RB Jonathan Stewart from Oregon.

I saw a mock draft and saw Andre Woodson being drafted by the Bears. If that happens I would throw up if that happens. He did not impress me one bit.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #7
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

1. LT 2. Saftey 3. WR 4. LB 5. RB 6. QB

I think we really need help on the OL and at Safety. We may have holes to fill at WR and LB, and with Benson's health a RB wouldn't be a bad idea. I think gettind Devorcek back will add some depth to the DL and we need to look to FA for a QB nobody that would be available in the draft is going to be an immediate fix.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:06 PM   #8
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice

I saw a mock draft and saw Andre Woodson being drafted by the Bears. If that happens I would throw up if that happens. He did not impress me one bit.
I had the exact same feelings when I saw that too.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »