Home

Let's Go Chad!.............

This is a discussion on Let's Go Chad!............. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #25
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Let's Go Chad!.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatchild
I've benn a Bengals fan since 1989, and I'm all for making the team better. I'm very tired of losing, especially with the talent this team has on offense.

Sadly, I think Chad's sideshow antics are a big reason why the Bengals underachieved last season. I don't think his heart was devoted to football, especially after it was clear our season was over. He's got a lot of Randy Moss in him....he tanks it when the team's not doing well. He dropped a lot of balls last year too....and I question his toughness coming across the middle (I think that's why some people in this thread enjoy T.J. more....because he's tougher physically). Yeah, his numbers were solid, but he had a very, very inconsistent season.

I think we should try one more season with a healthy defense and then see what happens. If we're coming off another frusturating season this time next year, I think managment needs to get rid of Chad. No one player is bigger than the game, and sometimes I think Chad thinks he is.
Lmao so what happened when they were succeeding? Chad has been doing the same things since he became a number 1 reciever.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #26
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Lmao so what happened when they were succeeding? Chad has been doing the same things since he became a number 1 reciever.
He isn't doing the exact same thing as when they were winning. I don't remember him bitching as much when he wasn't getting the ball. I don't remember him quitting on routes which resulted in an interception. I don't remember him and Carson Palmer not being on the same page as much. Something has changed.

By the way, this is getting beyond ridiculous. I love Drew Rosenpenis' quote too: "Chad Johnson will play football in 2008." What a sly guy you are, Drew. Can't let your ultimate plan out of the bag too much, can you?

Quote:
Report: Chad might sit if no trade

By Mark Curnutte
enquirer.com

Will Chad Johnson sit out the 2008 season?

ESPN.com reporting today that the Bengals wide receiver might not play this coming season if he is not traded. The Web site cited an unidentified source.

Reached this afternoon by The Enquirer, Drew Rosenhaus, Johnson's agent, said he had not seen the report, had not talked to reporter Chris Mortensen and did not know the identity of the unnamed source.

"Chad Johnson will play football in 2008," Rosenhaus said when told of the ESPN.com report.

Will Johnson be playing for the Cincinnati Bengals?

"Our plan is for Chad Johnson to play football in 2008," Rosenhaus said. "That is how I will respond to the report."

The Bengals chose today not to respond to the ESPN.com report, said club public relations director Jack Brennan.

The Bengals would be hurt significantly on the salary cap if they were to release Johnson.

The Bengals signed Johnson to a six-year contract extension in April 2006. They tore up a deal that had four years remaining. Johnson is under contract with the Bengals through 2011. The total deal is worth $35.5 million, $16 million of which was paid in the past two years.

Johnson's contract calls for a $3 million base salary in 2008, and he would count $6.3 million against the Bengals salary cap next season. That cap number would go up to $8.8 million if he were traded or released.

So the Bengals are highly unlikely to trade Johnson. Diplomacy would be their first course of action. It would be financial suicide to part ways.

If they were to trade Johnson, use the Corey Dillon situation as an example, I can't see the Bengals budging for less than a second-round pick. That's the round they took Dillon. That's the round they took Johnson. Dillon had just finished the 2003 season, during which he turned 29. Dillon turned 30 in October 2004, his first season with New England. Johnson turned 30 last month.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 02-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #27
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Come to J-Ville, Chad!

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870