Home

Charles Grant stabbed

This is a discussion on Charles Grant stabbed within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #17
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Charles Grant stabbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Grant wasn't trying to shoot at anyone, Possum is his cousin and Grant tried to grab the gun away from him when it went off.
okay... this was taken directly from the quote you posted earlier:

Quote:
.... It was also reported that while Charles was attempting to grab the gun from his cousin, the individual identified as "Possum" stabbed Charles in the neck. At this point, Charles had grabbed the pistol and proceeded to shoot "Possum".
Either you misread that or the author's information is terribly inaccurate because as it's stated, Grant's cousin and Possum are two different people. That is unless...

Quote:
Charles Grant and an unnamed cousin were at a party in Blakely, Georgia last night. There was a verbal confrontation between Charles' cousin and another individual who went by the nickname "Possum".
...Grant's cousin got into an argument with himself...
Old 02-03-2008, 11:08 PM   #18
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi

Either you misread that or the author's information is terribly inaccurate because as it's stated, Grant's cousin and Possum are two different people. That is unless...

No I misread it.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 7

From what ESPNnews said, this whole Charles Grant shooting someone story is untrue. He's certainly not under arrest according to ESPN.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:13 AM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Hes released from the hospital and in "good" condition now.........
Old 02-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #21
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
I was going to ask where it said strip club

As easy as it is for us regulars to say "just stay home and have people over".. that's not fair.
No it's not fair, but you can always tell them to pick a different spot to chill at. Surround yourself with better people and typically this stuff won't happen.

None the less I am a huge fan of Grant and I am even more sad to hear about the woman and the child.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yucatan
No link, just reported by Adam Schefter on the NFL Network. Charles Grant of the Saints was apparently stabbed in the neck in a nightclub incident that resulted in a pregnant woman being shot dead.
You'd think they would figure it out by now... Nightclub plus NFL player equals BAD..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 02-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbartlett_32
No it's not fair, but you can always tell them to pick a different spot to chill at. Surround yourself with better people and typically this stuff won't happen.

None the less I am a huge fan of Grant and I am even more sad to hear about the woman and the child.
People really need to stop saying things like this. Some are pretty blatant but I'm thinking this wasn't your intent with this post but it really does leak a "holier than thou" type of attitude. From what I just read (posted above) about this current situation, Grant and his cousin left the place... probably to avoid confrontation. You could say his cousin shouldn't have had a gun but do you know if he legally carried a gun? There's clearly reason to need to defend one's self as the situation eventually demonstrated. Not to mention Grant got stabbed trying to basically stop his cousin from shooting. There are a lot of what ifs and speculation here. We still don't know the whole story or the real story... definitely not enough to just say "see, these players need to stop going to night clubs".

I've been to a ton of night clubs in my day. I've seen fights in some and not even a hint of trouble in others. NFL players are featured at clubs all the time, they even throw events to benefit the community or charity at clubs or lounges or restaurants. If you're not a club goer, that's your prerogative, but that also means you don't really know the immediate danger just going to a club can bring to say players should stop going. If you are a club goer and always see problems when you do go, then I think you should pick some different clubs to go to.

And this is directed at all the people that keep saying stuff like this, not just you, koolbubbaice. I don't mean to sound harsh but it sounds like this guy got stabbed doing nothing wrong and it's a shame to say anything that makes him the blame for something like that. It's like saying the pregnant woman should've known she can't walk past night clubs b/c people shoot around them all the time.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #24
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
People really need to stop saying things like this. Some are pretty blatant but I'm thinking this wasn't your intent with this post but it really does leak a "holier than thou" type of attitude. From what I just read (posted above) about this current situation, Grant and his cousin left the place... probably to avoid confrontation. You could say his cousin shouldn't have had a gun but do you know if he legally carried a gun? There's clearly reason to need to defend one's self as the situation eventually demonstrated. Not to mention Grant got stabbed trying to basically stop his cousin from shooting. There are a lot of what ifs and speculation here. We still don't know the whole story or the real story... definitely not enough to just say "see, these players need to stop going to night clubs".

I've been to a ton of night clubs in my day. I've seen fights in some and not even a hint of trouble in others. NFL players are featured at clubs all the time, they even throw events to benefit the community or charity at clubs or lounges or restaurants. If you're not a club goer, that's your prerogative, but that also means you don't really know the immediate danger just going to a club can bring to say players should stop going. If you are a club goer and always see problems when you do go, then I think you should pick some different clubs to go to.

And this is directed at all the people that keep saying stuff like this, not just you, koolbubbaice. I don't mean to sound harsh but it sounds like this guy got stabbed doing nothing wrong and it's a shame to say anything that makes him the blame for something like that. It's like saying the pregnant woman should've known she can't walk past night clubs b/c people shoot around them all the time.
Man it's really hard for me to read your posts and take them seriously when you have a Ravens avatar. Doesn't Ray Lewis play for them?

It's like listening to a SF Giants fan preaching about steroids.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 02-04-2008 at 05:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »