Home

Patriots dynasty at a glance...

This is a discussion on Patriots dynasty at a glance... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #33
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Patriots dynasty at a glance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
It's going to be an interesting off-season...probably one of the biggest "turn-overs" the Pats will have had in recent years.
The big intangible is how this loss affects the team going into next season and if there is any negative carry over.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #34
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
The big intangible is how this loss affects the team going into next season and if there is any negative carry over.
Knowing this team, this staff, and the organization, I doubt there will be much of a hangover come next season.

I'm sure right now everyone on the team is demoralized, and I'm sure they will be every day up until training camp. However, these are professionals, they get paid to play and most of them know what losing is like. I mean...last year's loss to the Colts sparked what was one game away from being the greatest season in NFL history. Hopefully for the rest of the league, this years loss doesn't spark...well...they aren't going 19-0 as I am now convinced no team will ever do that...so maybe it'll spark the end of the world. Who knows.

Unless something comes from the Rams Spygate thing and Bill gets suspended for the season, this team will come out with a newfound flame and a chip on their shoulder...yet again ...and will get right back to playing football.

(I hope)
Old 02-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #35
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Knowing this team, this staff, and the organization, I doubt there will be much of a hangover come next season.

(I hope)
I year you, but no team has ever come this close to 19-0 and proclaimed the greatest only to have everything yanked out from under them. Hell, this team doesn't even know what it's like to lose a Superbowl.

The Belichick piece is huge too.

It's going to be a very interesting off-season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 29

I think the Pats are a dynasty. But I'm just very happy I won't have to see Rodney Harrison on tv anytime a team is going 1x-0. I think Rodney could be as terrible as Mercury.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #37
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
I year you, but no team has ever come this close to 19-0 and proclaimed the greatest only to have everything yanked out from under them. Hell, this team doesn't even know what it's like to lose a Superbowl.

The Belichick piece is huge too.

It's going to be a very interesting off-season.
If Bill gets suspended for the season...it'll be a bigger loss than any free agent or any player (minus Brady) this team could lose.

Love him or hate him...and most people on this board hate him...people have to respect not his gameplanning - since, I'm sure most people will call that into question now after SpyGate - but his "brainwashing" of this team. He keeps them humble, keeps them in line, keeps them focused for the most part. Players can all be replaced...Belichick can't.

And let me tell you...this "dynasty" will end when Bill's career does. Although, minus any suspensions or health/family problems, that day will probably coincide with Brady's career ending...and yeah, that day will mark the end of an era.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 29

Sounds like someone has no faith in Matt Cassell.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #39
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
I think the Pats are a dynasty. But I'm just very happy I won't have to see Rodney Harrison on tv anytime a team is going 1x-0. I think Rodney could be as terrible as Mercury.
I think, as a Patriots fan, the worst player, TV wise, was seeing Stallworth be interviewed every single time something happened, especially at the end of the season.

Seriously...he gets demoted to 4th on the depth chart and when the Patriots come up in the news, they go straight to Stallworth. Why? Probably because everyone else they wanted to talk to...Brady, Bruschi, Moss, etc....is smart enough to stay out of it.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #40
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
Sounds like someone has no faith in Matt Cassell.
Cassell will hopefully be gone by the time Brady retires/leaves this team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »