Home

Patriots dynasty at a glance...

This is a discussion on Patriots dynasty at a glance... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #49
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Patriots dynasty at a glance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
What about calling the cowboys a dynasty cause they won 3 SB in 4 yrs? A bit premature.
I think most people regard that Cowboys team as a Dynasty. I do.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

after being devastated with the last i stepped back and thought about the state of the patriots...

This was a horrible loss, if they do not comeback strong next year which I believe they will. Reason I believe that the most is because of the state of our division. I feel that it will take at least three or four years for anyone to contend for the afc east. That being said I see the pats in the playoffs for the next few years. Once they are in anything can happen and with enough consistence they will catch momentum in at least one of these years to come. Maybe I'm being optimistic but I just cannot imagine that we have seen the last of brady and co in the superbowl.

I also believe they will come out next year with a completely different mind set. They will retool that defense and use the veterans in a transition role. If they sign randy their offense should be fine, although the offensive line scares me a bit now. Therefore, they will use that 7th pick to secure a corner (the kid from central florida i think) and merriweather will have a larger role to play. Colvin and Morris will both be back and thomas will have had a year under the pats system.

They will be in contention for the next four years. They will always have a chance, hopefully they will win won.

In terms of a dynasty, three superbowls in four years, 16-0 regular season, 5 time division champion, 4 time conference champion, and as I've stated I really feel there is more to come. What more can you ask for from an organization as a fan other then to give us a chance every year. I love football because anything can happen. The giants took a page from the patriots on sunday and smashed us in the mouth. I was crushed as the player as well, but I can see this making them hungrier then ever. They will become more balanced. Can't wait for next year.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 9

I think the Patriots will be just fine and contending for a long time. The weight of expectations that comes with perpetuating a perfect record may have been too much to take. I commend them for taking it all the way to the final game. Their championship hopes would've been better served had they lost a game or two. If they're smart they won't go back to running up the score on the overmatched opponents and focus on building a team that's tougher and grittier. I'm sure I will be spending plenty of time over the next few years in the greatest thread in the history of OS, The Patriot Haterz. CLASSIC!

Of course, the league could impose even harsher penalties on the franchise should the new spying allegations prove to be true. It would almost be sad to lose this version of the big, bad Patriots. They actually had Dallas Cowboy and NY Giant fans rooting together in harmony. Who woulda thunk it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 9

To me, a dynasty isn't 3 wins in seven seasons. I don't care what era it's in, a real dynasty goes for a decade or more like the 9ers into the mid 90s.

Not to mention, this dynasty is a complete joke. They cheated their way all the way to the top for the last seven years. That NJ game proved it the other night, it's difficult to play well and win these games without film and not knowing what the other team is going to call defensively.

All their wins and records should be deleted as if they never happened, much like all the HR records between Bonds, McGwire, Sosa and all those other pathetic bums.

It ruins the current game and tarnishes the history.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »