Home

Jeremy Shockey Thread

This is a discussion on Jeremy Shockey Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7
Jeremy Shockey Thread

I've seen scattered mentioning of Shockey throughout the Pro Football forum. Should we consolidate the Shockey conversations in this thread for reference sake?

I think he would get cut to free up some salary. Kawika Mitchell deserves an extension. Strahan may want to play for one more season. Plax deserves to have his bargain of a contract torn up and to be rewarded a new one (though it's unlikely that GM Reese will do that). Since Shockey is coming off an injury, what would his trade value be? Can he even be traded for draft picks or to advance in draft order?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Jeremy Shockey Thread

What I want to know is why Shockey was watching the game up in a luxury booth and not on the sidelines wearing his jersey with the rest of the injured/practice squad players? WTF was up with that? I have never been a Shockey *****, but I was a little PO'd he wasn't on the field with the rest of the team.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

The announcers showed a shot of Shockey in a luxury suite and said, "His stomach has to be all torn up watching this."

The guy had a big bottle of Coors, his cap turned backwards, and ladies all around him. It's pretty obvious he wasn't too concerned with the game. The Giants should let him go to another team. He's not worth the contract he'll want.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
Since he's a competitor, he's definitely not feeling too well right now. It would be great for him to publicly eat crow.

And for Shockey, I think I'm going to start a new thread.
man of your word.

anyway, I think they wouldnt mind letting him go to free up some space, but id keep em
Old 02-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

With all the BS Shockey can sometimes bring to the Locker-Room/Huddle, I personally feel he deserves to retire a GIANT. On the field the man plays his @$$ off & is 1 of the emotional leaders for this team.

I know there's been plenty of rumblings on how his injury may have been the best thing to happen for the GIANTS. Again I personally think it's BS that people feel the G-MEN are better off without him..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #6
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

from that other thread:

Quote:
Who cares what Tiki thinks really? My question is about Shockey. Is it normal that he was up in a box instead of on the field with his team last night? Why didn't he look too happy when Boss broke off on that 45 yard scamper?

I'm being serious... I'm no big Shockey fan but I thought that was noticeable.

BTW BK, you forgot Mr. Heap too... he'll be healthy again... someday.
I like Boss a lot. I think they should shop Shockey. I wonder who would want him for the type of money he thinks he's worth.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Are you kidding me, Shockey is one of the Giants pioneer players. He brings emotion to the field and to his surrounding cast. Lately he hasn't been perfect, but hes a damn good tight end.

He has to retire a Giants, they should keep him and Boss, having too good tight ends is better than 1, however him being traded isn't necessarily a bad thing if he goes to a team that needs his assistance badly
Old 02-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #8
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

The Giants not only just won a SB without him but the offense played better and Eli played better without him. It's not even that they didn't miss a beat, they found a few notes and continuity that weren't there with him whining on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »