Home

It's 2004. You need a qb in the draft. Who do you pick?

This is a discussion on It's 2004. You need a qb in the draft. Who do you pick? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Qb would you select?
Eli Manning 61 37.65%
Ben Roethlisberger 72 44.44%
Phillip Rivers 20 12.35%
J.P. Losman 9 5.56%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #73
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: It's 2004. You need a qb in the draft. Who do you pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13
Roethlisberger.
Me too...He has more tools in his shed than Eli. He is a load to bring down, and doesn't throw 27 interceptions in the reg. season (last yr was bad due to the moto crash).

Big Ben all the way.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #74
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I have never stated that Eli's performance was flawless ..and anyone who saw the game and analyzed it will agree..Matter of fact I can't find a QB in the NFL who had a flawless game ..To suggest that no other QB couldve completed that drive would be ludicrous too..What I will say is that his performance in the postseason particularly against 4 top ranked defenses elevates him to another level..and what I was pointing out to Vast that despite what Eli does or particularly the Giants in general there will always be a select few posters ( and we know who they are)..who will always have something negative to say..So I say let em hate!!
Vast said the performance was flawless and that no other QB could've completed that drive. BK questioned those two things ONLY and he went off on a tangent that you backed him up on. If you agree with BK (and myself) then why jump in the thread to call BK out like you always do. Me and you actually tend to agree more than not and your current analysis is no different but you're just jumping in to pile on here. I included the post when the statement was said. Why haven't you specifically told your fellow Giants fan that he's wrong? We can see if he calls you a ***** too.

I'm jumping in from the sidelines just like you but I'm just sick of the pattern. It happens in almost every thread. Someone says something off the wall, someone else calls them on it and they try to switch the focus... then people jump in without reading the entire exchange and back them. We're here to discuss right? I'll be accountable. Everyone should be.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:32 AM   #75
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Me too...He has more tools in his shed than Eli. He is a load to bring down, and doesn't throw 27 interceptions in the reg. season (last yr was bad due to the moto crash).

Big Ben all the way.
Can't make excuses. I can make excuses for any QB that has a bad year. Before the accident I saw Ben's bad season coming. He wasn't ready to throw 30+ passes per game. I'd say he still isn't but, as expected, he's more ready than he was in his sophomore season. He wasn't as good as everyone made him out to be just because he won a superbowl and neither is Eli. Both can become as good as people are believing but they aren't there yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #76
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Vast said the performance was flawless and that no other QB could've completed that drive. BK questioned those two things ONLY and he went off on a tangent that you backed him up on. If you agree with BK (and myself) then why jump in the thread to call BK out like you always do. Me and you actually tend to agree more than not and your current analysis is no different but you're just jumping in to pile on here. I included the post when the statement was said. Why haven't you specifically told your fellow Giants fan that he's wrong? We can see if he calls you a ***** too.

I'm jumping in from the sidelines just like you but I'm just sick of the pattern. It happens in almost every thread. Someone says something off the wall, someone else calls them on it and they try to switch the focus... then people jump in without reading the entire exchange and back them. We're here to discuss right? I'll be accountable. Everyone should be.
My man you are incredible I guess BK has his soldiers aligned again..I agreed with Vast's post about the pick being Smith's fault, and the fact that Eli played and won 4 consecutive playoff games against teams that nobody gave him a chance to succeed against period.I also stated on several occassions that Eli's performance was far from flawless and that no QB in the NFL has had a flawless performance. .it's not agreeing with you or BK it's a fact ..I also informed Vast and judging by his posts he aptly knows that despite what Eli and the Giants do there are always going to be some posters with something negative to say(been there done that)..Never once did I call out BK's name BK responded and assumed I was directing it at him...whatever it doesn't matter to me at all..But I am glad that you think that someone has jumped in from the sidelines and that you must somehow come to the resue..why would I tell vast that he was wrong ?that's his opinion and that's his analysis of Eli's performance it's a forum he has a right to his own opinion..I don't get in these forums to prove people wrong or to call someones opinions and analysis wrong it's just not that serious !!..Bottom line i don't care who you think you have to be accountable too...and it's sad that you actually think that you have to be held accountable in a forum especially if you are expressing your opinion in a mature way...But there is one thing that we can count on with BK..and that's if there is a forum discussing Eli Manning, The NY Giants, or Michael Vick he will be there front and center..lol
Old 02-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #77
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He stumbled out of his break. He got his head around, but the ball was low and away and probably had too much on it. If memory serves the rush forced Eli to get rid of the ball earlier than he wanted to. Tough to pin that one on Smith. It was a poor throw, forced by the rush, that was not put in a very good place. You know it as well as I do. Vast, I understand doesn't and I understand the reasons why he doesn't, but you played at nearly the same level I did, you know exactly what I am talking about.

As far as Eli being a winner. I would say yes. As far as him being an elite QB, I put him in a similiar boat I would put Rivers in. Both had up and down regular seasons, and both got hot in the post season. I would like to see them both play consistently at the levels they did in the postseason, before either of them can be declared anything special. Manning got the ring, and that can't be taken from them. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have rings as well, winning a SB, doesn't make you an elite player. But if Eli can take that momentum in to next year and build on it then you would have to classify him as an elite QB.
I agree with your analysis concerning Eli and Rivers..If Eli and rivers can take the momentum that they built and carry it over to next year and play fairly consistent they both will be considered special,and it's because both have talent around them...They both have intangibles that could push them to an elite level despite there physical drawbacks...We will just have to agree to disagree concerning the interception..We both know from playing that in that Sunday or Monday night film session the OC would put that interception squarely on the WR..and he would be on the JUG machine next practice catching 100 balls on a turnaround or break!!..lol
Old 02-12-2008, 11:50 PM   #78
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Ie both know from playing that in that Sunday or Monday night film session the OC would put that interception squarely on the WR..and he would be on the JUG machine next practice catching 100 balls on a turnaround or break!!..lol

Having played and coached that particular position I disagree. Maybe tossed a few quips about being an athlete for stumbling out of that break (and you know the quips I am talking about I am willing to bet), and probably have him out on the cones.

Probably have Eli working the step up/chucker drills as well.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #79
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
But there is one thing that we can count on with BK..and that's if there is a forum discussing Eli Manning, The NY Giants, or Michael Vick he will be there front and center..lol

As will you be I would guess. So I guess that makes two of is.

Vicks' a good kid from a good family. LOL.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:03 AM   #80
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
As will you be I would guess. So I guess that makes two of is.

Vicks' a good kid from a good family. LOL.
Good comeback lol..Unfortunately this isn't a Micheal Vick thread so I will not get into a debate on what i said...good day...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »