Home

Annoyed At 1972 Dolphins Poll

This is a discussion on Annoyed At 1972 Dolphins Poll within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are You Annoyed By the 1972 Dolphins And Their Champagne Celebration?
ANNOYED 73 43.98%
NOT ANNOYED 93 56.02%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2008, 10:47 AM   #9
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Annoyed At 1972 Dolphins Poll

Snopes says it's a myth, but I'm not so sure . . .
Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
I was a little tired of it until this year. When everyone anointed the Pats as the greatest teams ever and the super bowl champions in week 5.
Agreed.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm not annoyed of them and I laugh at Mercury Morris so it's all good. The guy is a regular cut up!

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

Come on you gotta be kidding. The Dolphins did their thing and no matter how old you get you'll never forget something like that. And for no other team to do it since is special. Let them, and Mercury , have their say when they want.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #13
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

maaaan if any of u guys was on dat team yall will be proud too! its hard to go undefeated and about 3 teams prove that in more than 2 decades
Old 02-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 21

I was annoyed all season, but a little less so now. I do think they're holding on too tightly to this record. To be fair, it's really only a few of them that are annoying, Mercury Morris being the most obnoxious. But at the same time I think he's a clever guy, with great one liners, and has done well by the group in making them relevant and even commercially viable so they can earn some extra cash. That Reebok commercial is great. But before the Patriots lost, they were setting up with the "we're 1A, Pats are 1B; our record can only be equalled not surpassed" sort of thing.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 02-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Admittedly and out of full disclosure, I'm a Pats fan and still extremely proud to say so. I voted as annoyed.

And it's not because I'm a sore loser or envious of the Dolphins or anything like that, it's more because I'm sick of the pop/ societal/ sports culture where it always seems there's some thing or some body looking for not only their 15 minutes of fame, but for their extra 15 minutes of fame. It just gets old- ya know?

Congrats to the Giants, they played better, the Pats didn't deserve to be undefeated. But, I would like to think most other teams would be a little more gracious in a situation like the Dolphins are in- it's just become old, boring, and annoying.

Congrats G-men!

The unexamined life is not worth living...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I voted annoyed.

I think the problem many have with the 72 Fins, and Mercury Morris in particular, is that, typically, most older timers in pro sports that are on the verge of having their records broken have been, at least in the public eye, honorable and supportive about it. They compliment the ability of the players that are getting close and are there to shake their hands and congratulate them when they accomplish it. The Fins are the the only group of record holders in professional sports that I am aware of that make such a blatant public display of their delight in the failure of current players. Frankly, it's tacky and unprofessional.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »