Home

Is 18-1 better than 17-0?

This is a discussion on Is 18-1 better than 17-0? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #33
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Is 18-1 better than 17-0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan

The real question is this: Would the 19-0 Pats have been as annoying as the 72 Fins are?
Tom Brady would be far more annoying just based on his smirky smile he always has. It's the smirk of "i'm better then you are HA HA HA" I can't take that for 30 more years for cryin' out loud!

BTW Cardot and others you're probably right especially if the Pats somehow don't make the playoffs next year. That loss was the kind of thing that haunts a team for quite a while.

I'm not saying they won't make the playoffs though but it would be something if this loss marked the end of the Dynasty.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 02-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

After Sunday, I don't even consider the Pats the best 18-1 team of all time. I'd give that honour to the 1985 Bears.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:31 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Tom Brady would be far more annoying just based on his smirky smile he always has. It's the smirk of "i'm better then you are HA HA HA" I can't take that for 30 more years for cryin' out loud!

BTW Cardot and others you're probably right especially if the Pats somehow don't make the playoffs next year. That loss was the kind of thing that haunts a team for quite a while.

I'm not saying they won't make the playoffs though but it would be something if this loss marked the end of the Dynasty.
Barring something like Belichick being suspended all year, there's no way they'll miss the playoffs next year. 8-8 is probably good enough to win that division.

As a Redskins fan, I wouldn't mind history repeating itself a third time. In the year following both previous Giants SB wins, the Redskins completely destroyed the same opponent in the Super Bowl the next year. Not holding my breath for it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #36
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I hate the Pats, but one thing regarding their schedule: while they played in the NFL's second worst (or worst) division, they played against the NFC's hardest division (NFC East) and played most of the AFC's toughest teams during the regular season (Colts, Steelers, Chargers) and during the post season (Jacksonville, Chargers again). They beat the Colts when they were considered 1-2 in the league, same w/the Chargers, and same w/Dallas. I don't know how the '72 Dolphins schedule looked, but outside of their division, their schedule was pretty tough
But don't forget that after week 7 the 72 'phins played with their backup QB -- all the way through the Super Bowl. And as someone mentioned before -- yes, they played their Conference Championship on the road because they rotated who had the home game like the World Series used to do. Ex: -- AFC Central would have it one year, AFC East would have it the next and then the AFC West and it would start over the next season.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Too bad the Pats didn't play before 1932, when there was no playoff. The highest winning percentage was declared the League champion.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 62

If you win the Super Bowl the argument can be made, but short of that I don't think so.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Squish
After Sunday, I don't even consider the Pats the best 18-1 team of all time. I'd give that honour to the 1985 Bears.
Don't forget the 84 Niners, who finished off by crushing the Bears(with a virtually identical roster to the 85 team) and Dan Marino's 16-2 Dolphins.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

It's pretty simple.

Winning the superbowl>losing the superbowl

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »