Home

Zorn, head coach Washington Redskins

This is a discussion on Zorn, head coach Washington Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #41
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Zorn, head coach Washington Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalloy3
It's relevant because I am giving examples of how other coaches where hired and they had time to work. Also what randomly unnecessary change has he made, if you have forgotten Gibbs retired and put us in this mess by constantly saying he would be here through all five years of his contract. How exactly was continuity messed up? They only loss three coaches everybody else came back so all the players will still have their same position coaches they have had for the last four years. Also Blache has been a Defensive Coordinator in the NFL before and was good at it if you don't believe me look it up. Still laughing?
yes I'm still laughing. The redskins were a blooming playoff team, and now they are ****. Of course gibbs retiring was sudden, however Snyder didn't have to fire two high class coordinators that would have kept it going. They took a giant step back, and it's hilarious to see people defend the hirings of the east coast oakland raiders.

Last edited by bkfount; 02-12-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #42
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
yes I'm still laughing. The redskins were a blooming playoff team, and now they are ****. Of course gibbs retiring was sudden, however Snyder didn't have to fire two high class coordinators that would have kept it going. They took a giant step back, and it's hilarious to see people defend the hirings of the east coast oakland raiders.

First off he let G. Williams go because he didn't feel comfortable with him as the coach, furthermore Williams wouldn't have stayed if he didn't get the job that would have been akward. Also how do you know Zorn won't lead them back to the playoffs, it's hilarious how close minded people don't give anyone a chance and just hate off breaks.
NBA:Los Angeles Lakers
NCAABB:Georgetown Hoyas
MLB:Washington Nationals

Old 02-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #43
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I don't think this team is going anywhere as long as Snyder is running the show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 02-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #44
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
I don't think this team is going anywhere as long as Snyder is running the show
If that's true then the Redskins have at least 40 years of futility ahead of them.

Kinda sucks, maybe Jack Kent Cooke's son should've gotten the team after JKC died.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 02-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #45
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalloy3
First off he let G. Williams go because he didn't feel comfortable with him as the coach, furthermore Williams wouldn't have stayed if he didn't get the job that would have been akward. Also how do you know Zorn won't lead them back to the playoffs, it's hilarious how close minded people don't give anyone a chance and just hate off breaks.
I heard a stat that something like nine of the last eleven Superbowl winning coaches were all retreads. The two that weren't: Bill Cowher who was with Pittsburgh for 14 years prior to winning the big one and Billick with Baltimore.

Take it for what it's worth but there is some rationale to hiring former coaches and not just some former player who has never even been a coordinator before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #46
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I gotta defend Snyder and I hate that you guys are making me do it. Snyder's an ***, no doubt. But he does want to win. As BK said, he's happy because they're making money and it's only the real fans that are suffering. But he's also a Redskins fan and wants a winning team. He's just gone about it the wrong way.

However, even through all the crap you can see him slowly improving. When he first ran out and got Bruce Smith, Deion, etc. he was really trying to play fantasy football. Then he realized he needs somebody that knows more than him, but still tried to do it in the Danny boy style and went for big names (Marty started slow and wasn't as sexy as Steve Spurrier who, of course, sucked). Going out and getting Gibbs still has his touch on it but was smarter. Even the random signings are at least at positions of need (while still overpaid) rather than just big names.

Anyway, I know that's not much (at all) but it's moving in the right direction. I think there's reason to believe he'll get it right one day. Definitely not there yet but he'll get there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »