Home

Wow nobody, can catch Jerry Rice,..LOL,

This is a discussion on Wow nobody, can catch Jerry Rice,..LOL, within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Wow nobody, can catch Jerry Rice,..LOL,

Moss want get it. Moss lives off of his athleticism....speed downfield, hops, etc. With age those things go away and without them, Moss isnt Moss imo...he is just another average receiver.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Old 02-10-2008, 11:13 PM   #34
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I thought (incorrectly) that Porter's good years were the same as Rice's. He did fall behind TO his last year in SF. Either way, I'm not "digging" on Rice. If someone wants to play into their 40s, more power to them. However, I don't think others should be criticized for not doing so.
I don't think anyone is criticizing Moss (or anyone else for that matter) if they don't play into their 40's. The issue is that Rice still had the tools (most notably his route running) that made him an effective player into his late 30's and beyond.

Route running has never been one of Moss' strong suits and speed is usually the first thing to go. Then Moss will have a hard time being an effective WR on any team. I think that's what people are getting at.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
I don't think anyone is criticizing Moss (or anyone else for that matter) if they don't play into their 40's. The issue is that Rice still had the tools (most notably his route running) that made him an effective player into his late 30's and beyond.

Route running has never been one of Moss' strong suits and speed is usually the first thing to go. Then Moss will have a hard time being an effective WR on any team. I think that's what people are getting at.
Exactly my point.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 47

The thing is Moss is all about speed. Rice was so much more than that. Plus Rice was in awesome shape. You should have seen his summer work outs. They were crazy. I don't think Moss is in that kind of shape.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:20 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint

He will still be 6'4'' so that doesn't hurt!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:26 AM   #38
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
He will still be 6'4'' so that doesn't hurt!
Actually at around that age you start losing inches off your height so he might only be about 6'2

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 02-11-2008, 02:17 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 14

I love how everyone keeps bringing brains into this like Moss is some mental midget. Whether or not you like BB; when he says Moss is the smartest receiver he has ever coached, and one of the smartest players he has ever coached, you take notice. He, and Brady, have both said that he is ridiculously smart. They have both also said he is very disciplined and busts his *** in practice.

People have this preconception that Moss is all talent, and no ethic. Maybe that was so before he got to NE. But when you have arguably the greatest coach of all time, and arguably the guy who will go down as the greatest qb of all time, both praising your intelligence and work ethic. Well, you must be smart and doing something right.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:49 AM   #40
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
I love how everyone keeps bringing brains into this like Moss is some mental midget. Whether or not you like BB; when he says Moss is the smartest receiver he has ever coached, and one of the smartest players he has ever coached, you take notice. He, and Brady, have both said that he is ridiculously smart. They have both also said he is very disciplined and busts his *** in practice.

People have this preconception that Moss is all talent, and no ethic. Maybe that was so before he got to NE. But when you have arguably the greatest coach of all time, and arguably the guy who will go down as the greatest qb of all time, both praising your intelligence and work ethic. Well, you must be smart and doing something right.
Too bad none of that intelligence or work ethic showed up in the post season.

Randy Moss is a great player. Problaby the most physically gifted of all time at that position, but he's no Jerry Rice. When the lights were shining the brightest so was Rice. Moss was MIA in the postseason.

As far as BB and Brady being the greatest of all time, Debatable at best. Greatest of the Sal Cap era, probably. Much like the argument before the SB for the 2007 Pats being the greatest team of all time, I think debating BB or Brady GOAT is premature. I know that if I had to win a SB, I'd take Walsh, Montana and Rice over BB, Brady and Moss. Maybe that's just me.

Last edited by bkrich83; 02-11-2008 at 02:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »