Home

Specter: Belichick Was Taping Since 2000

This is a discussion on Specter: Belichick Was Taping Since 2000 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #17
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73
Re: Specter: Belichick Was Taping Since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
If the Bengals were caught taping, is the story as big?
You don't see how cheating in the Super Bowl is a bigger story than cheating in a regular season game?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #18
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
You don't see how cheating in the Super Bowl is a bigger story than cheating in a regular season game?
Jets vs Pats week 1 was a regular season game.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #19
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Quote:
Jets vs Pats week 1 was a regular season game.
Thank you for that insight.

It is still a story now because it gives support to the accusations that they were taping the Rams' walkthrough. This walkthrough occurred shortly before the Super Bowl, therefore if true it would have given the Patriots enough of an edge in a close game to give them the win. That is why it is a story.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #20
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
Thank you for that insight.

It is still a story now because it gives support to the accusations that they were taping the Rams' walkthrough. This walkthrough occurred shortly before the Super Bowl, therefore if true it would have given the Patriots enough of an edge in a close game to give them the win. That is why it is a story.
I was referring more to the legs the spygate story had through out the season..... Before the Rams stuff came out. I do agree that the walk through video is a more serious accusation. Although not enough to warrent the governments intervention...but that is another story for another thread.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #21
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Ok, so we agree. This story is big because it is the Patriots.
I don't think so...the story is big because cheating is bull****...I am amazed at the incredible low standard of integrity, not only of the Pats, but of some of their supporters..

This story is big, also, because they were caught...catch another team...no one else has even been alleged, but the Pats were warned even before this past season...so...you and yours have no leg to stand on...

I say wipe their records...plain and simple...but you don't really have to, because like Barry Bonds, the public will know the truth, and these ****ing cheaters will be known for what they were...

**** 'em...other teams should gun for them next year...and if I were near the sidelines I sure would take BB out at the knees...they have ruined the integrity of every contest they have played in, and should be treated as abusers of a sacred trust...

and the NFL should have their anti-trust protection removed...Goodell is a dick....Arlen Specter won't say 'cover-up', but I will...

This country...between steroids in baseball, this in the NFL, etc...we seem to have lost sight of every value we waved in every other nation's face for generations...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #22
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I was referring more to the legs the spygate story had through out the season..... Before the Rams stuff came out. I do agree that the walk through video is a more serious accusation. Although not enough to warrent the governments intervention...but that is another story for another thread.
Tell me how many other teams have been caught taping not once, but twice, then had a warning and a rule created because of it.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #23
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Agreed. The only real issue I would have is if they were in fact taping practices/walkthroughs.
I would even blame the team that had a loop hole in allow someone to tape their practices/walkthroughs..
Old 02-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #24
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Tell me how many other teams have been caught taping not once, but twice, then had a warning and a rule created because of it.
That's irrelevant. My original post questioned why taping defensive singals was such a big deal. And it was a question, not a statement. I have never played in the NFL nor have I been a part of a coaching staff. I have never even been a coach for a pee-wee team. But since so much work is put into NFL games, my assumption would be that teams would change their signals from game to game....or even from series to series, so video taping them would not provide much an advantage. Ehh was the only one to respond directly to that point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »