Home

Top 5 qbs going into next year?

This is a discussion on Top 5 qbs going into next year? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2008, 05:52 PM   #73
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Top 5 qbs going into next year?

interesting assessment. never even thought about it but i see where you're coming from. I don't think you could go quite that far though. As good as the Giants D played in the playoffs, they weren't the 2000 Ravens... nor was the special teams play. And Jacobs and Bradshaw weren't exactly Jamal of 2000 backed by Priest Holmes.

Dilfer literally had nothing to do but not make a mistake. Eli was much more involved in the playoff games than that, and especially in the Superbowl. It's interesting because now a days, it seems most teams could just use a QB that didn't make a mistake, Dilfer of 2000 could be a pro bowler today. Anyway, Eli was more than that. He passed in zero degree weather, escaped some sacks like he's McNabb, led some big drives, etc. The question is whether he can do any of those individual things on a consistent basis. We'll see but if he can, then he's reached his potential. Dilfer had already hit the ceiling. The best thing about Dilfer was his consistency, not his potential.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #74
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm not sold on Eli's overnight mediocre-to-top5 reputation change, but comparing him to Dilfer is ridiculous.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #75
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
interesting assessment. never even thought about it but i see where you're coming from. I don't think you could go quite that far though. As good as the Giants D played in the playoffs, they weren't the 2000 Ravens... nor was the special teams play. And Jacobs and Bradshaw weren't exactly Jamal of 2000 backed by Priest Holmes.

Dilfer literally had nothing to do but not make a mistake. Eli was much more involved in the playoff games than that, and especially in the Superbowl. It's interesting because now a days, it seems most teams could just use a QB that didn't make a mistake, Dilfer of 2000 could be a pro bowler today. Anyway, Eli was more than that. He passed in zero degree weather, escaped some sacks like he's McNabb, led some big drives, etc. The question is whether he can do any of those individual things on a consistent basis. We'll see but if he can, then he's reached his potential. Dilfer had already hit the ceiling. The best thing about Dilfer was his consistency, not his potential.
Yes, hes no Dilfer hes better and has better tools, but really he did a Dilfer like job thats what I should have said...

I just think its crazy to call him Elite. Hostetler won a super bowl was he an Elite QB? I just think that Giant D got screwed cause thats what made that team go.. They controllled games.. NFL just loves marketing QB's...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #76
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
I'm not sold on Eli's overnight mediocre-to-top5 reputation change, but comparing him to Dilfer is ridiculous.
Was about to post the exact same thing.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 02-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #77
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
Best post of this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »