Home

Top 5 qbs going into next year?

This is a discussion on Top 5 qbs going into next year? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #41
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Top 5 qbs going into next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #85_on_a_mission
I've saw every game, and I can recall him blowing a comeback chance at one point with an INT as well as blowing a game because of several Ints to rolle when we played the cards.
Because of that one game he isn't a top-5 QB? Palmer didn't have a great year but he's still at the very least a top-10 QB. He's in my top-5. zitomulder's post about him and this past season said it all.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #42
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
Speaking of laughable. We should have gotten something for Brees, no doubt about that, or kept him to back up Rivers. Rivers is going to be the better quarterback when all is said and done, just you wait and see.
Oh by the way
AJ > some no name hack on the internet
Thanks for playing.
When? When will Rivers be better than Brees? What does he do better than Brees? As of right now, nothing. And it's not close.

As far as AJ being greater than anyone, that remains to be seen. For as smug as he is, you'd think he delivered some championships, when in fact he hasn't delivered a damn thing.

Last edited by bkrich83; 02-17-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk360
brees was pretty good in san diego though.
Your damn right he was. We just got some locals who are sans clue, who love to pin any problems we had on him.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullcats
1.Brady
2.Manning
3.Palmer
4.Romo
5.Brees
Though Id rearrange it a little bit, thats a good list of 5 right there.
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Romo
4. Brees
5. Palmer

Still waiting to see if Eli will carry this over to next year or if he was on a good run. Eli's knocking at the door though.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
When? When will Rivers be better than Brees? What does he do better than Brees? As of right now, nothing. And it's not close.
See over the line of scrimmage for one thing

As a second year starter he is ahead of Brees with the same number of years under their belt, don't believe me look it up I did. I know stats don't mean **** to you, and yes I have watched the games, all of them in fact. 14 - 2 1st year starter and a trip to the AFC championship second season not bad, not bad at all.

Drew has reached his potential and is a good to great one, I just don't think Rivers has come close to his potential yet and they are not as far apart as you claim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2008, 10:36 PM   #46
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
See over the line of scrimmage for one thing

As a second year starter he is ahead of Brees with the same number of years under their belt, don't believe me look it up I did. I know stats don't mean **** to you, and yes I have watched the games, all of them in fact. 14 - 2 1st year starter and a trip to the AFC championship second season not bad, not bad at all.

Drew has reached his potential and is a good to great one, I just don't think Rivers has come close to his potential yet and they are not as far apart as you claim.
Nope not bad at all, and there's no doubt in my mind we would have gone farther with Brees. And if you want to bring up stats, Brees still outperformed him, with a lot less talent around him than Rivers had.

There's nothing Rivers does better than Brees. Other than throw the ball to the wrong team and stand like a statue in the pocket. All the Rivers for Brees stuff did was set the team back two QB development years. Sorry but 15 QB's ahead of Brees? Let the scapegoating to support all things AJ and Spanos go.

Like I said, for as Smug as he is, you'd think AJ would have led this team to a championship or two. He's all talk no results.

Last edited by bkrich83; 02-17-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #47
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Rivers gets less balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage. That's about the end of his superiority at this point.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13
Rivers gets less balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage. That's about the end of his superiority at this point.
And even that's debatable, as Rivers gets more than his share blocked at the LOS, despite being 6'5"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »