Home

Top 5 qbs going into next year?

This is a discussion on Top 5 qbs going into next year? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2008, 02:57 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Top 5 qbs going into next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
Because of that one game he isn't a top-5 QB? Palmer didn't have a great year but he's still at the very least a top-10 QB. He's in my top-5. zitomulder's post about him and this past season said it all.
Im not using that one game as a means of my final decision, its only to support my argument. Plain and simple, Palmer had a bad year and statistically, outside of his 20 ints there isnt much else to show for that fact. However, after watching all of the bengals games, it gave me headaches watching Palmer display inaccuries similar to vick. You guys arent fans, so you most likely didnt see all of the games, let alone many Bengal games, but one Bengal game that supports my argument even more was against the Steelers on SNF where Palmer played terrible.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Old 02-18-2008, 03:27 AM   #58
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by #85_on_a_mission
Im not using that one game as a means of my final decision, its only to support my argument. Plain and simple, Palmer had a bad year and statistically, outside of his 20 ints there isnt much else to show for that fact. However, after watching all of the bengals games, it gave me headaches watching Palmer display inaccuries similar to vick. You guys arent fans, so you most likely didnt see all of the games, let alone many Bengal games, but one Bengal game that supports my argument even more was against the Steelers on SNF where Palmer played terrible.
I did watch a lot of their games. Just not seeing it. Especially considering the non-existant run game, the troubles/injuries they had to their offensive line, and the defense putting them behind the 8 ball a lot. Tough to say anyone who complete 67 percent of his passes was terribly inaccurate, nevertheless inaccurate to Vick like proportions.

Not sure what you are expecting, He did throw 20 picks, but he also put the rock up almost 600 times, and without much help from the run game or the offensive line.

To try to put blame for their season on Palmer makes no sense..

Hell send him to San Diego, if you think you can find a better QB out there, we'll take him. He'd fit in real nice with a team that could put some talent around him.

I really don't know what you are expecting from him.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:49 AM   #59
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
No not really. If there's a difference it's negligible. I have always thought Brees "lack" of arm strength was overblown to begin with.
Fair enough. You've seen them both play more than I have.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #60
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by #85_on_a_mission
I understand part of your argument, but half of that blame has to be on Chad Johnson. My #1 complaint with Palmer last year wasn't the INT's, but the way BOTH Palmer and Chad Johnson were on a completely different page for most of the year.

But comparing his inaccuracies to Vick and saying that he isn't a top 10 quarterback? I can only say to that, that I totally disagree.

Offensive line injuries, the running game did practically nothing most of the year, etc. I don't know what place he is, but definitely in the top 5. If he can have a great year this year, then #3 would be a deserving place.

My Blog
Old 02-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers
I understand part of your argument, but half of that blame has to be on Chad Johnson. My #1 complaint with Palmer last year wasn't the INT's, but the way BOTH Palmer and Chad Johnson were on a completely different page for most of the year.

But comparing his inaccuracies to Vick and saying that he isn't a top 10 quarterback? I can only say to that, that I totally disagree.

Offensive line injuries, the running game did practically nothing most of the year, etc. I don't know what place he is, but definitely in the top 5. If he can have a great year this year, then #3 would be a deserving place.
lets stick to top 5 qb lists.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2008, 11:05 AM   #62
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers

Not to mention Henry missed half the season. Yeah he's the #3 but he could be a #1 on some teams and the lack of a pass catching TE (or RB this year) meant missing Henry was even bigger. Palmer is the only Qb not named Brady or Peyton who I've seen proof he CAN be #1 on that list. Whether he gets there or not, we'll see, but he's most definitely top 5 and I think deserves #3.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #63
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

1. Peyton
2. Brady
3. McNabb
4. Farve
5. Hasselbeck

Brees and Palmer are right on the cusp. I really like Brees, and Palmer has the luxury of having one of the top WR corps in the league. I'll be interested to see what Cincy does if they get a healthy running game, I think that has a lot to do with their defensive problems as well.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #64
Rookie

iromerliciousi's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitkamp94
1. Peyton
2. Brady
3. McNabb
4. Farve
5. Hasselbeck

Brees and Palmer are right on the cusp. I really like Brees, and Palmer has the luxury of having one of the top WR corps in the league. I'll be interested to see what Cincy does if they get a healthy running game, I think that has a lot to do with their defensive problems as well.
I was just about to say re: Eli vs Palmer, if Palmer had the defense that Eli had, it'd be a different story. Also doesn't help when your top 2 running backs cant stay healthy. Palmer has all the attributes & moxy you want in a franchise QB. Certainly not knocking Eli, who stepped it up 3 notches and silenced all of his critics.

FIGHT ON!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »