Home

Rams players sue Pats for Superbowl loss

This is a discussion on Rams players sue Pats for Superbowl loss within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Rams players sue Pats for Superbowl loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Just look at what he did with Pac-Man. Pac-Man was stupid but wasn't in trouble but since he lied to Goodell he was suspended for a year yet Belichick gets away with this.
he suspending a freaking assistant coach for 5 games and fined him for using HGH to treat a erectile dysfunction. who the hell lies about this?

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 02-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #18
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

I didn't know that they could do that.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #19
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
well considering a dynasty started off this superbowl win, we never know what the rams could have become with another superbowl victory. Even bench players get rings and money from a superbowl win, so it was only a matter of time before one of them stepped up and made some noise.
This is exactly why I'm not surprised that someone is bring a lawsuit forth because of this.

For some special teams player making the league minimum and knows that he could only play 1 or 2 years. That Super Bowl share is pretty appealing and to know that someone pretty much stoled that money from them is obviously going to make that person upset.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 02-16-2008, 07:07 PM   #20
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Pathetic move by the Rams.
The Rams as an organization have absolutely nothing to do with this. In the future you may want to investigate things further before you condemn an entire team for something they didn't do.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 02-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #21

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Actually they do name a player online in the 2K sports ticker. Forgot who though but next time I get on I'll let you know. Yeah this commish is more interested in punishing players than anything else. I also have some interesting theories about this guy but I need more data before I start with that conversation.
According to yahoo his name is Willie Gary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #22
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
According to yahoo his name is Willie Gary.
He did record A SINGLE tackle in the NFL. What do they call the guy who graduates last in his med school class? Doctor. This is all about a chance at money for this guy. I bet it never sees a courtroom.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:26 PM   #23
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Goodell is the fool.

1. He should never have destroyed the tapes.
2. The punishment of draft picks should have been way steeper. Should have been along the lines of what happened to the Minnesota T-Wolves. The Pats should have been stripped of multiple #1 draft choices for a number of years.
Geeze. You think Goodell ever expected Arlen Specter to come out of the woodwork and start hounding him over this? This is an unprecidented act by the senator. He wants to hold hearings over this when NO LAW HAS BEEN BROKEN. It's insane.

That said, I don't think the Pats are the only team in the NFL doing things like these and I am willing to bet that there are some other owners and coaches who are praying this goes away.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #24
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Geeze. You think Goodell ever expected Arlen Specter to come out of the woodwork and start hounding him over this? This is an unprecidented act by the senator. He wants to hold hearings over this when NO LAW HAS BEEN BROKEN. It's insane.

That said, I don't think the Pats are the only team in the NFL doing things like these and I am willing to bet that there are some other owners and coaches who are praying this goes away.
Whether Specter should be involved or not is a whole other matter. But Goodell was incredibly foolish to destroy the tapes. Anyone who debates that is obviously biased. It makes the whole investigation feel like a rush job, and it certainly lends weight to the theory that the league is hiding something. Whether they ARE hiding something or not, destroying the evidence makes it all look suspect.

If other teams are doing this, then where's the evidence? I'm not saying no other teams are, but the Pats are the only ones that have been caught violating an explicit NFL rule that they had even been warned about before. So we should all look the other way because some other teams MAY be doing it, but haven't been warned, let alone caught red-handed? I don't know what's worse about Belichick: the cheating, the smugness or the pure arrogance that let him continue taping after he had been told to stop. If you weren't from Massachusetts, you might be thinking a little differently about this.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »