Home

Sean Salisbury out at ESPN

This is a discussion on Sean Salisbury out at ESPN within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:32 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Sean Salisbury out at ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I'm disappointed by the move. I liked Salisbury's way of "telling it like it is." He was blunt and to the point with his opinions.
But here's the big problem I had with Salisbury. He stated his opinions as though they were fact and basically did everything but call you a complete moron if you disagreed with him. That gets old really fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2008, 08:48 AM   #26
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
But here's the big problem I had with Salisbury. He stated his opinions as though they were fact and basically did everything but call you a complete moron if you disagreed with him. That gets old really fast.
I'll give you that. He did state them as fact, but I liked the way he didn't sugar coat things. He was always to the point. Personally, I wish they would part ways with Chris Berman. His act has gotten really old for me.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:55 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I'll give you that. He did state them as fact, but I liked the way he didn't sugar coat things. He was always to the point. Personally, I wish they would part ways with Chris Berman. His act has gotten really old for me.
Only way Berman leaves ESPN is if he decides to do it. He's an ESPN pioneer. He helped get the network off the ground. My thoughts are he'll stay on there until he retires from broadcasting.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #28
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Finally.

Quote:
Only way Berman leaves ESPN is if he decides to do it. He's an ESPN pioneer. He helped get the network off the ground. My thoughts are he'll stay on there until he retires from broadcasting.
Exactly. Berman will be with ESPN until the day he retires.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #29
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Yeah, you're definitely right about that one. They would never get rid of him. I used to not mind him but the past few years, I've gotten to where I can't stand him. Unfortunately, I don't see him stepping down anytime soon.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:19 AM   #30
Banned

Freelance's Arena

I can't believe anyone even watches this station anymore.

Outside of Clayton and Mort, ESPN has reduced to such a class B station these days. Sports have become a bothersome necessity over there, while the hosts are all a bunch of look-at-me types.

I will give the college football team a pass. Outside of Corso, they're pretty good.

Dan Patrick was the last quality person they had in the studio, and he's gone. I wish he, Bob Ley, the CF crew, Clayton, and Mort would leave and start another sports network.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:29 AM   #31
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
that was his E!SPN persona. The who thing between him and the nerdy clayton was all to play up to tv viewers. ESPN does this with tons of other on air talent. They want to make people mickey mouse characters instead of just straight up analysts.
No it wasn't. I know about 10 people who work at ESPN including my roommate and they all said the guy is a raging ******* in real life. He's constantly out drinking and hitting on every piece of tail he sees (he was "dating" one of my former roommates friends who was 22) and isn't afraid to let you know how "great" he is.

Basically he's an alcoholic womanizer with an enormous ego.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #32
Banned

Freelance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
No it wasn't. I know about 10 people who work at ESPN including my roommate and they all said the guy is a raging ******* in real life. He's constantly out drinking and hitting on every piece of tail he sees (he was "dating" one of my former roommates friends who was 22) and isn't afraid to let you know how "great" he is.

Basically he's an alcoholic womanizer with an enormous ego.
I have media connections, too, and I've heard the same thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »