Home

Rumor: Moss wants back to MN

This is a discussion on Rumor: Moss wants back to MN within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #25
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Rumor: Moss wants back to MN

Honestly the only way I see it happening is on the Vikings... and that's actually not that crazy of a thought. The Vikings did just sign Berrian but honestly, he's not that good. He's got potential to be but he'd look a lot better with Moss on the other side taking attention away. The question there, of course, is what Moss would demand to be paid and if they could afford to pay both the new WRs. As for Pep, he could step in and teach Jackson a thing or two. Jackson is still very raw and he's getting a lot of on the job training but I'd say if he's going to be anything he's still probably 2 years away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #26
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't understand what in the world would motivate him to leave the Patriots. I mean doesn't he have a good thing going there? I wouldnt mind taking a little pay-cut if it means i'll still be setting records and winning games. If he truly want to get to a Super Bowl anytime soon, the Patriots is the team he needs to remain on.

However he must have reasons for wanting to look esle where.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #27
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
I don't understand what in the world would motivate him to leave the Patriots. I mean doesn't he have a good thing going there? I wouldnt mind taking a little pay-cut if it means i'll still be setting records and winning games. If he truly want to get to a Super Bowl anytime soon, the Patriots is the team he needs to remain on.

The thing is, he can reasonably see getting to the superbowl if he goes to dallas, or green bay. The other teams like the jets and vikings would just result in him going back to oakland form. I guess the media appeal for Moss to the jets is he plays the patriots twice a year.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #28
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever

At the end of the day I'm sure he's trying to give NE a million reasons to give him a huge pay day. Lets not forget Brady's comments about Moss. I'd be surprised if he wasn't on the Pats next year. With that said, I could see him deciding to try with one of the better NFC teams as the path to the SB is easier.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #29
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
At the end of the day I'm sure he's trying to give NE a million reasons to give him a huge pay day. Lets not forget Brady's comments about Moss. I'd be surprised if he wasn't on the Pats next year. With that said, I could see him deciding to try with one of the better NFC teams as the path to the SB is easier.
arch 3, 2008, 2:14 PM ET

The New England Patriots and Randy Moss are finalizing terms on a three year, $27 million deal, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The two sides are currently in the process of reviewing contract details, the source told ESPN.

On Friday, Moss started to listen to offers from other teams. On Saturday, he explored possibilities with other franchises and even discussed the possibility of reuniting with his former Vikings teammate, Daunte Culpepper, on another team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3274806
Old 03-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #30
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I heard it is done. Probably used the rumors to other teams as leverage.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #31
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Thank you lord jesus... Lets keep this bandwagon going to the superbowl again.!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #32
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
Thank you lord jesus... Lets keep this bandwagon going to the superbowl again.!!!!
With potentially 4 rookies starting on defense? I don't think so.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »