Home

NFL wants to remove dreads

This is a discussion on NFL wants to remove dreads within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #25
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NFL wants to remove dreads

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
The NFL is bored..
end thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #26
Pro

Hootiefish's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Its racial because it almost exclusively affects black players. Im not saying its overtly racists, but you cant deny that very few white players are going to be affected by this rule.

The professions that require specific haircuts and dress codes are usually stodgy corporate America type jobs. The NFL is far from that. You can have locks as a doctor, teacher, lawyer, etc and few would bat an eye. Something like this sets a bad precedent for censorship. Its not purely race, it speaks to several levels of censorship. What is next, they start banning the cavemen beards of all of the white offensive linemen? They tell Jeremy Shockey to keep his hair cut down. Were talking about the image of the NFL who already does allot to control the image of thier game. Racial issues aside I just feel like its a bad route to go down and that it will end up very bad in the end for alot of people black or white.
It's funny, because the main guy everyone thinks about when talking about long hair is Troy, and he's not even black.

Give me a freakin' break with the race thing, most every job has some sort of dress/hair requirement. This is no different. Hell, every job I have had has one, and I haven't worked in what you would call "corporate America."
Old 03-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #27
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

extremely unecessary...
Old 03-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootiefish
It's funny, because the main guy everyone thinks about when talking about long hair is Troy, and he's not even black.

Give me a freakin' break with the race thing, most every job has some sort of dress/hair requirement. This is no different. Hell, every job I have had has one, and I haven't worked in what you would call "corporate America."
Come on now, Polomou (spelling) is Samoan, meaning he is of asian decent. Specifically southeast asian which is an amalgam of many races including middle eastern and African. That said name 5 other players that will be affected by this rule who are not black? As for jobs that require rigid dress codes and haircuts, as i said earlier, most of them are stodgy corporate types. Or they are retail/governmental jobs. At the same time there are plenty of jobs that dont require it, and there is no good reason to do it in the NFL other than to portray an image. And i feel considering the lineage of "locks" and the lack of a solid reason behind it, i feel like it is a ridiculous idea for a rule and will only lead to worse rules of this nature in the future. Next they will be getting rid of tattoos, and jewlery, etc.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:20 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 15

It's kinda funny that many jobs in America (including corporate jobs) are actually in the process of loosening up certain dress codes, but the NFL is all of a sudden trying to tighten up now.

I really don't think this is an NFL idea, I think it is a Goodell idea, and yes, I believe he has an agenda. I do think that feeq's scenario in the last sentence of his last post could come to fruition. The banning of dreads is just baby steps towards that goal.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 03-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 28

Well I have dreads , the real deal I might add lol, and if a job asked me to cut mine I'd respectfully decline. If they insisted then they'd have a lawsuit on their hands. Point blank.
It's not what's on my head that should be your concern, it's whats' in it that you should be worried about.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #31
MVP

pennstlbu's Arena

OVR: 9

Doesn't the NFL have bigger issues to tackle (pun intended)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 28

Me and my dreads. If you think I'm cutting these for some gig .. yeah right. I got'em tied up right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »