Home

Please Never Change Pacman.

This is a discussion on Please Never Change Pacman. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #33
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Please Never Change Pacman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Just because he's on the flier doesnt mean he's promoting it and even if he was....why does it matter and why does it make him a moron?
Because he should be avoiding situations like the one that lead to him getting suspended in the first place.

He can promote whatever parties he likes if his livelihood doesn't now depend on his character. It's not against the law, but it shows his lack of judgement (something Goodell could take into account for his reinstatement).

This is all hypothetical of course because it looks like he isn't promoting the party on the flier.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #34
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Because he should be avoiding situations like the one that lead to him getting suspended in the first place.

He can promote whatever parties he likes if his livelihood doesn't now depend on his character. It's not against the law, but it shows his lack of judgement (something Goodell could take into account for his reinstatement).

This is all hypothetical of course because it looks like he isn't promoting the party on the flier.
Would Goodell really get away with keeping Pacman suspended because he's promoting some parties? Certainly the player's union could fight and win that.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #35
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13
Would Goodell really get away with keeping Pacman suspended because he's promoting some parties? Certainly the player's union could fight and win that.
I wasn't saying that, but I'm sure who he associates with and what business decisions he makes that reflect his judgement and whether or not he's really changed his ways would have some effect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #36
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
I wasn't saying that, but I'm sure who he associates with and what business decisions he makes that reflect his judgement and whether or not he's really changed his ways would have some effect.
I guess I just have a hard time believing that Goodell could keep Pacman out of the NFL if Pacman is able to stay out of legal trouble.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:24 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:

I dont even like defending this guy but he has to avoid parties because of the Vegas incident? The problem wasnt that he was at a strip club in Vegas. It was that he had poor judgment while he was in the club. If they guy has changed then it shouldnt matter if he's in a club or promoting a party.

Also Goodell's going to reinstate him this year as long as Pac doesnt get arrested in the next few months. Thats pretty much a given. Goodell doesnt want to invite a lawsuit and have someone challenge his BS conduct rule in court. Keep Pac out for another season and watch the lawsuits fly.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 19

So a "so-called" recovering alcoholic walks into a bar and...

You can finish the joke on your own. It appears there are two ways to look at the entire Pacman situation, this blurb included - to include morality, or not. The people who seem to include it are wondering why in the world he would (and it appears it was false, but for argument's sake) host a party at a strip club, since...well, we all know what happened. The other group doesn't think what he did was wrong and/or don't think he should have been suspended, or at least suspended as long as he was.

I don't understand why a guy can lose his job and a year's worth of pay and people can't understand that he has a severe lack of judgment. He lost several hundred thousand dollars and continues to put himself in situations that could potentially be bad for him career-wise and financially. To me, putting off going to strip clubs seems like a good idea if it means I'm going to be able to make 6 to 7 figures a year.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
This sort of thing cracks me up. Its a party. He's promoting a party. What do you mean by "these kinds of parties"? You mean the ones where people drink? Isnt that pretty much every party at every club?

Also, Pacman may not even be aware of this. Promoters do stuff like that all the time in major cities. Just this Saturday, a promoter I know advertised on the radio a party where he claimed all the Washington Wizards, Rasheed Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton and Tayshawn Prince would be there. He had Rasheed on the flier. None of them were part of the promotion and none of them showed up.

Just because he's on the flier doesnt mean he's promoting it and even if he was....why does it matter and why does it make him a moron?
Sure it is a party. I know a guy that through these kind of parties in San Fran. Trust me it is not just a party. A lot happens there. When you are trying to get back in the NFL, you better be a choir boy. It makes him a moron, because he want to get back in the NFL. You think the Commish would understand it is just a party. Also, wasn't a party like this where that Denver player got killed at? These parties happen all the time and the big name athletes is where the promoters make their money, but if he is trying to get back in the NFL, he might want to think about it.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
I dont even like defending this guy but he has to avoid parties because of the Vegas incident? The problem wasnt that he was at a strip club in Vegas. It was that he had poor judgment while he was in the club. If they guy has changed then it shouldnt matter if he's in a club or promoting a party.

Also Goodell's going to reinstate him this year as long as Pac doesnt get arrested in the next few months. Thats pretty much a given. Goodell doesnt want to invite a lawsuit and have someone challenge his BS conduct rule in court. Keep Pac out for another season and watch the lawsuits fly.
Did he really change?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »