Home

Bad day at LSU?

This is a discussion on Bad day at LSU? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Bad day at LSU?

I keep getting this feeling that Dorsey is gonna slide a little bit. Not just cuz of a pro day, but overall. The media always has him going top 5, but every time I hear remarks from an "unnamed GM", they say they have doubts. I think Sedrick Ellis goes higher.

Quote:
Not your typical Tigers at LSU pro day

It wasn’t your typical pro day at LSU.

That was the word coming from Baton Rouge, La., where the Tigers had some lead in their shoes according to one source.

``That was the worst pro day I can remember here,’’ one source said. ``Nobody ran [well].’’

Defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, considered the best of the bunch and a potential top-five pick, ran 5.12 or 5.15 seconds in the 40-yard dash, depending on who you listen to. He weighed in at 297 pounds and looked a little light.

If it sounds like a description of Bears Pro Bowl tackle Tommie Harris, that’s because Dorsey had long been compared to him. Right down to the injury history. That’s the thing that has dogged Dorsey lately with reports recently that he had arthroscopic knee surgery, something he has denied. Harris fell to the Bears at No. 14 in 2004 because of concerns about his knees. Don’t count on Dorsey dropping into the Bears lap.

Wide receiver Early Doucet, considered a potential first-round selection, didn’t help himself with a 4.56-second time in the 40. It was the first 40 he’s run since tweaking a hamstring at the Senior Bowl. Cornerback Chevis Jackson clocked in the 4.6’s and safety Craig Steltz was in the 4.6’s.

``It was just a real mediocre day,’’ another source said. ``All the way around. That was a little surprising.’’

Dorsey got the most attention with more than 20 line coaches working him out. He showed a competitive spirit that will likely cement his place in the top five. He’d be hard for the Kansas City Chiefs to pass up at No. 5, and their coach Herm Edwards was present. While Dorsey was far from outstanding, his performance likely allayed fears any teams may have had regarding his health.

Linebacker Ali Highsmith, a mid-round prospect, might have been the only player to really help his cause. He had a poor 40 time of 4.95 at the combine and lowered that to 4.7 on Wednesday. It’s not like that’s exceptional for an undersized outsider linebacker though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon2 Re: Bad day at LSU?

No matter what the media or press has said about Glenn Dorsey, he's not getting past Atlanta at #3.

Kruza
Old 03-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Re: Bad day at LSU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
No matter what the media or press has said about Glenn Dorsey, he's not getting past Atlanta at #3.

Kruza
Even if Matt Ryan is available?

Old 03-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I haven't seen anything special with Ryan but big biy when healthy is a game changer.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I haven't seen anything special with Ryan but big biy when healthy is a game changer.
Well everyone's entitled to their opinion. But all that matters when Atlanta picks is what Atlanta thinks. If Ryan's there at 3, do they take him? Or do they not like him?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon2 Re: Bad day at LSU?

Quote:
I think the Falcons will pass on Matt Ryan and choose a quarterback in the second round, or in the late first round after trading up. I can actually see them making a run at Brian Brohm after picking Dorsey first.

Kruza
Old 03-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
I keep getting this feeling that Dorsey is gonna slide a little bit. Not just cuz of a pro day, but overall. The media always has him going top 5, but every time I hear remarks from an "unnamed GM", they say they have doubts. I think Sedrick Ellis goes higher.

Don't say that.

I want Ellis to be a Bengal.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 03-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitomulder
Don't say that.

I want Ellis to be a Bengal.