Home

Chad Johnson officially wants out of Cincinnati

This is a discussion on Chad Johnson officially wants out of Cincinnati within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Chad Johnson officially wants out of Cincinnati

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3349761

Quote:
Johnson says he won't attend team functions, demands trade

Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson left no room for doubt Wednesday: He wants out of Cincinnati as fast as possible and he doesn't plan on reporting for any future Bengal function -- mandatory or voluntary.

What spurred Johnson's immediate reaction was a statement made by quarterback Carson Palmer that indicated Johnson had told Palmer he would be at the team's mandatory minicamp in mid-June. Johnson said that wasn't true.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson said Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals.''

Johnson made one of his strongest statements in saying he is not planning on reporting to any team functions because he wants to be traded.

"I want to be traded before the draft, and if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible,'' Johnson said. "I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

The Bengals said they have no comment in response to Johnson's statements. A team spokesman pointed to coach Marvin Lewis' statement at the owners meeting that he has fully discussed the Johnson situation and didn't feel it was productive to talk about it again.

Johnson is skipping the team's offseason workouts as he tries to push for a trade. But the Bengals have also made it clear that they have no plans of trading him.

Lewis has said repeatedly that the team has no plans to deal Johnson, despite the wide receiver making the rounds of radio and television talk shows to voice his displeasure about his situation in Cincinnati.

In a February interview with Jim Rome, Johnson said he felt he was being blamed for the Bengals' problems and disappointing showing last season.

"I'm not allowed to say. I get the blame; the so-called best player, I'm the problem," he said. "Someone in-house is spreading this. Maybe they want me to quiet down [and] stop being me. That is not going to happen. I can't function that way. I tried it. It sucked. There was no excitement."

Last month, on ESPN's First Take, Johnson again hinted at wanting a trade.

"I want to continue my career wherever I have the opportunity to win a playoff game and get to the Super Bowl. That's where I want to be," he said.

Wednesday, the Pro Bowl wide receiver said he was surprised by Palmer's comments about his possibly reporting to mandatory camp.

"I wish he would stay out of my business,'' Johnson said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Chad Johnson officially wants out of Cincinnati

I am so sick of this guys crap but I hope the Bengals don't just give him away for nothing. If we don't get at least a second round pick for this guy I will be furious.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 04-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Yep, this guy sure isn't a cancer...

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
Rookie

themush's Arena

OVR: 3

I wouldn't give the Bengals a first day draft pick for this guy.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Chad is just hurting the Bengals by doing this. Sure, they're too cheap to trade him but to say what he said now and demanding a trade before the draft just kills any good trade offers the Bengals would get.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2008, 04:39 PM   #6
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Wait, didn't he just say in his crazy interview with ESPN that he never said he "wasn't going to attend team functions"?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #7
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

So this guys still at it....... maybe the media will finally jump off his jock and see him for the selfish arrogant person he is.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #8
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

He isnt even the best WR on their team, he's the flashiest. Look who Palmer goes to 90% of the time in a tough spot. Its Housh. He has a tendency (like T.O.) used to of dropping easy passes and getting rattled when he would get hit hard. Great talent, awful attitude = mediocre player that i dont want to spend a draft pick on.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »