Home

Marion Barber Seeking New Contract Between $40 and $60 Mil

This is a discussion on Marion Barber Seeking New Contract Between $40 and $60 Mil within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Marion Barber Seeking New Contract Between $40 and $60 Mil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Cowboy fans were the only people who thought Troy Hambrick could start. You can tell when Barber's in that he's special. Everytime he runs the ball he makes something happen.
Actually Hambrick had very good stats and YPC in relief of Emmitt. So there was a reason for the faith, not just homerism.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #18
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Actually Hambrick had very good stats and YPC in relief of Emmitt. So there was a reason for the faith, not just homerism.
Stats and looking at how a guy plays are two different things. Hambrick never looked like he would be very good.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Stats and looking at how a guy plays are two different things. Hambrick never looked like he would be very good.
Aside from running a bit too upright he did just fine. I still wonder if part of the reason for his failure was when he was a starting RB the Cowboys just had such a poor team in other areas other teams were able to focus on stopping him to the exclusion of nothing else. But that's a big what if.

I'm just saying JJ has reason to be wary, he's been burnt before. The current Cowboys have everything in place for a RB to be successful, if Barber doesn't get it done this year then he never will be a starting RB most likely.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-20-2008, 07:08 PM   #20
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

marion barber is no troy hambrick, and if Jones can't see that he needs to resign/sell....

they need to pay him...he will be the workhorse until he is put down due to his playing style...but he delivers more hits than he takes, a la Payton, so he should have 5-7 years in him...during those 5-7 years he will be the #1 option in the offense and sacrificing his body...pay him...maybe not 60 million, but a good bit.

Yes, there are lots of good RBs, but there are few that bring what Barber brings...you can name all of them in the NFL on one hand, especially if that hand belongs to Antonio Alfonseca and has an extra finger.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:36 AM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Hambrick ran to darkness. He had no vision. Barber is a much better athlete as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #22
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Barber vs Hambrick? No comparison. That has nothing to do with all the money he's asking for. I don't remember any suggestion that he would be a feature back which he hasn't been his entire career. If they don't feel he should be a feature back then there's no way they pay him like that. Pretty much that simple. He's very good in his current role and deserves a chance to expand that role, but hasn't done anything as a feature to demand money like that... not that he shouldn't ask and see what happens.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:38 PM   #23
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

With how guys are used in NFL today. I see no reason to pay any running back not named Ladainian Tomlinson big money.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 04-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #24
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Its really a tough one regarding RBs. Unless you are an elite difference maker, its probably best not to tie up too much money in a RB and just draft one or use a committee. Barber's really good but I don't know if I'd give him a huge contract. The NFL and the way the salary cap is going is really making some of these decisions different than 10 years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »