Home

Pacman Jones to the Cowboys!

This is a discussion on Pacman Jones to the Cowboys! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Pacman Jones to the Cowboys!

I think this is a great trade for the 'Boys because of how the trade and deal is structured. They only gave up a 4th round this year if he plays, if not they get Titans 4th round next year. If he plays a certain number of games then they owe the Titans another 4th round pick next year.

Pacmans contract has no guarantee money in it. So he has to play and play well to get paid.

I think this is a nice trade for the Titans and a nice low risk trade for the Cowboys. The Cowboys need a CB badly and if Pacman is just "ok" then he will be better than the other Dallas CBs(besides Newman).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 62

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. I highly doubt Dallas will find a CB with his talent in the 4th Round, this trade works well unless Tennessee gets another Tom Brady-esque player with the pick.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:02 PM   #43
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

I'm officially a Cowboy fan now.

This is too good to pass up keeping with that team now. I'll read every Dallas blog, tune into Dallas radio...everything.

Too. good. to. be. true.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #44
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

And of course ESPN is blowing this up like it's the friggin' story of the decade....*yawn*.

Not surprising though.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #45
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Seriously, what is the big deal about him liking strip clubs? He's a young, single man with a lot of time and money on his hands, strip clubs seem the way to go.
There's nothing wrong with it. Tens of thousands of mildly intelligent young men go to them every day without getting in trouble.

Pacman obviously does not fit the definition of mildly intelligent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Nice move by Al Davi- err Jerry Jones. Sounds like the man is desperate for another title. T.O., Tank, PacMan. I love it! Does Chris Henry have a team yet?

Old 04-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #47
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
There's a problem when he goes to strip clubs, tells a guy that "he's a deadman", and then one of his boys fires at the guy Pacman threatened and leaves him paralyzed. Ignoring all that, how weak is it to tip strippers by making it rain and then demand to get your money back.
it wasnt one of his boys. He didnt know the guy. Get your facts straight. Seriously, people need to quit inventing things just for the hell of it. The police would not have dropped everything against Jones, if it was "one of his boys"....Still that whole thing was ****ed up and Jones had to have some level of responsibility, even if it is not a criminal level of responsibility.

I dont like this trade. I was luke warm about it while it was being discussed...but now that it's done, i dont feel good about it at all. It was a mistake imo.....He sounds like a POS, and there is going to be a media circus. I dont want this **** on the team. I like risks, but not the vibe surrounding this risk.

It's different than T.O., Irvin, Newton, Tank, etc...Those guys werent/arent menaces to anyone but themselves (and T.O. has never had problems with the law). Jones on the other hand.....and they are going to be selling jerseys of this guy after all the **** that has happened surrounding him? That is BS. This move gives me a bad vibe.

Last edited by ZB9; 04-24-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #48
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
They were like that in the 90s, too.
Really...how so? Irvin was the only one ever in trouble I recall. Facts will convince me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »