Home

Pacman Jones to the Cowboys!

This is a discussion on Pacman Jones to the Cowboys! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #65
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Pacman Jones to the Cowboys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
they dropped the INVESTIGATION of Jones, after they found Jones was not directly at fault, and kept the investigation to pursuing, and catching, the responsible party.

If the gunman was "one of Pac Man's boys" as you put it...the police, prosecutors, detectives, their dogs, their cats, and their moms would all have been continuing the investigation against Jones. While prosecutors determine charges and "prosecute", there are a lot of folks involved in investigations.
Read up on pleading no contest. There's a big difference between dropping charges and pleading no contest. I'm required to know the difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #66
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Will you guys ****ing stop? Please! Yes, Pacman is a turd. Yes, there is risk. The bottom line is he were being traded to your team, you'd hate it. However, the minute he gets a pic and takes it to the house, the minute he takes a kick/punt to the house you'll all say, "that Pacman ain't so bad". I just think it ridiculous to continue to rehash the same **** that's been argued for over a year. Dude is going to be a Cowboy. Yes we know you all hate the Cowboys. It it works, one of the best owners in Pro Sports is a genius. If it doesn't, we don't lose much. It still will have been worth the risk. I fall into the category of as long as you are available to play on Sunday and help get us to the Super Bowl, I couldn't care less about his past. Yes, I hope he finally gets it. The interesting thing will be to see what we do in the draft as Jerry Jones has mentioned that Pacman won't change the way they draft. I still anticipate us taking a good corner with one of our 1st rounders. I'll end this one with:

DUDE?
HOMER?
Old 04-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #67
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Read up on pleading no contest. There's a big difference between dropping charges and pleading no contest. I'm required to know the difference.
did you read what i typed? Who the F said anything about dropping charges?

Are you "required" to have reading comprehension?

Last edited by ZB9; 04-25-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 32

Nice read on why Jerry take chances

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...att&id=3325303
Old 04-25-2008, 05:08 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Nice read on why Jerry take chances

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...att&id=3325303
Quote:
It's no coincidence that Jones quickly forged a friendship with Raiders owner Al Davis, who would become something of a mentor. The young Cowboys owner took note of how Davis seemed to almost covet malcontents.
Yep, there ya go. I liked this from a Titans front office guy..

Quote:
"Pacman is good about 85 percent of the time. But that 15 percent is a freakin' disaster."

Old 04-25-2008, 10:44 PM   #70
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
did you read what i typed? Who the F said anything about dropping charges?

Are you "required" to have reading comprehension?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
The police would not have dropped everything against Jones.
Why do you keep replying when you're obviously wrong? You implied the police dropped charges against Pacman when you said the police dropped everything. Obviously the police would stop investigating Pacman after he acceped the prosecutor's plea agreement. If Pacman does not follow the agreement, the charges against him will be reinstated. I'd accept your apology but this post may have went over your head.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #71
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Why do you keep replying when you're obviously wrong? You implied the police dropped charges against Pacman when you said the police dropped everything. Obviously the police would stop investigating Pacman after he acceped the prosecutor's plea agreement. If Pacman does not follow the agreement, the charges against him will be reinstated. I'd accept your apology but this post may have went over your head.
when i said police i was talking about the entire justice system. I wasnt trying to be specific. What your talking about has nothing to do the point I was making.....If you read my post, i was clearly talking about the investigation and EVERYTHING involved in this investigation when i used the broad word everything. I think it was clear what i was talking about.

anyway, the prosecutors and the police detectives communicate on charges and then plea deals in investigations such as these. They work TOGETHER. Depending on the level of criminal responsibilities by individuals in these investigations...the people with the lowest level of responsibility are dropped from being a target and are given plea deals.

Someone found to be highly responsible in something such as this would not be given the opportunity to plead down to a misdemeanor, (not if the shooter is found by the police to be a part of that person's crew, like you stated, and was asked to shoot someone by that person, like you stated)...They conducted an extensive investigation obviously and they dropped Jones from being a target in the investigation so they could use Jones to find the responsible party.

fyi, if you want to get technical...when the prosecutors determine charges and then plea deals (again, after communicating with the police detectives). It is the JUDGE that actually accepts plea deals, not the prosecutors. The prosecutors determine it, but only after communicating with, and working with the police detectives.

Last edited by ZB9; 04-26-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2008, 12:16 AM   #72
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
when i said police i was talking about the entire justice system. I wasnt trying to be specific. What your talking about has nothing to do the point I was making.....If you read my post, i was clearly talking about the investigation and EVERYTHING involved in this investigation when i used the term everything. I think it was clear what i was talking about.

anyway, the prosecutors and the police detectives communicate on charges and then plea deals in investigations such as these. They work TOGETHER. Depending on the level of criminal responsibilities by individuals in these investigations...the people with the lowest level of responsibility are dropped from being a target and are given plea deals.

Someone found to be highly responsible in something such as this would not be given the opportunity to plead down to a misdemeanor, (not if the shooter is found by the police to be a part of that person's crew, like you stated, and was asked to shoot someone by that person, like you stated)...They conducted an extensive investigation obviously and they dropped Jones from being a target in the investigation so they could use Jones to find the responsible party.

fyi, if you want to get technical...when the prosecutors determine charges and then plea deals (again, after communicating with the police detectives). It is the JUDGE that actually accepts plea deals, not the prosecutors. The prosecutors determine it, but only after communicating with, and working with the police detectives.
The prosecutor, not a police chief, has the authority to offer defendant a plea deal. Don't know where you get the idea that a police chief has any say in plea deals.

While you techincally are right about judges accepting plea deals, they almost always accept a plea deal when there is an agreement. They make sure the defendant realizes what he is giving up, but they very rarely reject a plea deal because it would waste judicial resources.

As for Pacman, it's pointless to keep going back and forth about his culpability. You don't like him anyways so there's no reason for me to continue to explain that Pacman did something more serious than you are claiming. FYI, defendants are often giving plea deals which have them plead to a much lesser charge in return for testimony against the other defendants.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »