Home

Why can't the Rams enter into negotiations for the #2 pick?

This is a discussion on Why can't the Rams enter into negotiations for the #2 pick? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: Why can't the Rams enter into negotiations for the #2 pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
They are already the reason we have monday night football at 9, and the bcs bowl games at 9.
Yeah, I love the logic of that. Well, if we start the games too early the people on the West Coast won't see the beginning. I guess that is much more important than having the games end at a reasonable hour on the East Coast. I really wonder when they had the meetings to make those decisions if a single person raised their hand and actually said "Don't we care if people on the east coast can see the end of the game?" My guess is no.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #10
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Only one possible reason why...the NFL loves indecision.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Only one possible reason why...the NFL loves indecision.
Here is the thing though, does anyone believe the Rams aren't getting an idea of the contract demands of these players right now?

Maybe I am wrong about Peppers having signed with Carolina prior to the Draft, but I am damned sure that they announced he was the pick before the Draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

What was the problem with the west coast? You could wake up, have some breakfast, workout, clean house, etc while the draft was on. I love watching the draft, but its boring. You don't need to actually see the TV, just listen, plus you could still go do something in the afternoon. Now your whole afternoon will be wasted like us on the eastcoast used to be.

Its stupid not to be able to negotiate. You don't want to pick a player who you won't be able to reach an agreement with. I'm sure two people can meet that are not "representatives" of the player and team and can come to some reasonable number that a player picked in that spot would accept.

What is even more of a stupid thing is why will the Dolphins take the entire time to make the pick. Everyone knows what you are doing, why even let a second run off the clock. Every year this happens, the #1 pick is already decided, they won't trade, but they let the clock run down.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
What was the problem with the west coast? You could wake up, have some breakfast, workout, clean house, etc while the draft was on. I love watching the draft, but its boring. You don't need to actually see the TV, just listen, plus you could still go do something in the afternoon. Now your whole afternoon will be wasted like us on the eastcoast used to be.

Its stupid not to be able to negotiate. You don't want to pick a player who you won't be able to reach an agreement with. I'm sure two people can meet that are not "representatives" of the player and team and can come to some reasonable number that a player picked in that spot would accept.

What is even more of a stupid thing is why will the Dolphins take the entire time to make the pick. Everyone knows what you are doing, why even let a second run off the clock. Every year this happens, the #1 pick is already decided, they won't trade, but they let the clock run down.
You know if you think about it, the Rams negotiating and coming to terms with the player could actually boost ratings in that the draft would flow much faster. Within 10 minutes the top two picks would be done, compared to the 20 minutes it will actually take.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #14
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Here is the thing though, does anyone believe the Rams aren't getting an idea of the contract demands of these players right now?

Maybe I am wrong about Peppers having signed with Carolina prior to the Draft, but I am damned sure that they announced he was the pick before the Draft.
In that you are correct sir. They pretty much announced that they were taking peppers a couple of hours after the announcement of the 1st pick coming to terms. As far as this pick goes. I am hearing that the St, Louis war room is divided down the middle as far as Glen Dorsey of Chris Long.

Of course when I say I am hearing I really mean that i am listening to the talking heads on ESPN and ESPN Radio.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 04-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #15
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

I thought the reason for moving the draft back wasn't because of the west coast, but because the NFL wanted to make it more "primetime." Could be wrong though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 09:11 PM   #16
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

The true question is are the Phins going to waste all 10 minutes before announcing Jake Long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »