Home

Hey my Jet Fans,..Let's pray for Darren McFadden this weekend!!

This is a discussion on Hey my Jet Fans,..Let's pray for Darren McFadden this weekend!! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2008, 03:51 AM   #25
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Hey my Jet Fans,..Let's pray for Darren McFadden this weekend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
There is no such thing as an every down back anymore. Just like there are no shutdown corners.
I disagree.. As much as people say a team like SD is a two back team, it's really not. LT carried the ball 315 times last year, while Turner carried it 71 times. And in his 61+ receptions and that's 376 touches. Can McFadden survive a 350+ touch season?

That's my only real gripe with him, that, and I don't think he's a great run finisher, I don't think he's got a lot of leg drive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2008, 09:41 AM   #26
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't think McFadden will be anything close to an 'every down back' on Oakland, not with Fargas and Michael Bush. At least, thats what I'm hoping for. I was, and still am, a huge fan of Lamont Jordan, but I don't think he, or Dominic Rhodes, stays around long.

Either way, I really don't see him having to carry the load for the Raiders. It'll be some form of two+ back system.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You really think McFadden is going to survive 5+ years of being an every down NFL back, with his build and running style? I am not sure.
Do you really think, with Kiff's background @ USC, the Raiders run a every down back system? There is too much talent at the position with each back bringing something different. With the ZBS, McFadden will not have to carry the team with an attack of himself, Fargas, Rhodes, and Bush. Jordan is the odd man out, here. This will be a ball control offense by pounding the ball down the opposing D's throat.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered_Again
Do you really think, with Kiff's background @ USC, the Raiders run a every down back system? There is too much talent at the position with each back bringing something different. With the ZBS, McFadden will not have to carry the team with an attack of himself, Fargas, Rhodes, and Bush. Jordan is the odd man out, here. This will be a ball control offense by pounding the ball down the opposing D's throat.
If you're going to use RB by committee and you've already got depth at RB then why bust the #4 pick in the draft on that position. Why not use it to shore up one of the other massive holes that team has. And they have many.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #29
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
If you're going to use RB by committee and you've already got depth at RB then why bust the #4 pick in the draft on that position. Why not use it to shore up one of the other massive holes that team has. And they have many.
Raiders have depth yes but it's not very reliable. I was shocked that they even moved the ball as well as they did last year. It's not like they didn't address other needs later in the draft. I'm sure McFadden is going to be a huge part of their offense next year in a ball control way.

Oh and now that i've added something here I just want to snicker at Jets fans when McFadden got picked by the Raiders...

"NOOO!!!"

LOL!

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
If you're going to use RB by committee and you've already got depth at RB then why bust the #4 pick in the draft on that position.
Because Al Davis looks at the fact that they've won 4 out of their last 30 games (Or something like that) against division rivals, looks at LT, LJ, and the Bronco's newest 1,000 yard RB, and thinks that's what he needs to compete.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #31
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Because Al Davis looks at the fact that they've won 4 out of their last 30 games (Or something like that) against division rivals, looks at LT, LJ, and the Bronco's newest 1,000 yard RB, and thinks that's what he needs to compete.
More reasons why the Raiders will continue to be a non-factor in the AFC West for the forseeable future.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »