Home

Rate Your Team's Draft Picks

This is a discussion on Rate Your Team's Draft Picks within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Rate Your Team's Draft Picks

I think A or A+ for all three. Not sure how the Chiefs could have drafted any better today.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #10
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I give the Bills a C

McKelvin should be a very good cover corner for the team. He'll have to learn to be a bit more aggressive at going after the ball but it seems like he projects to be a very good player down the line.

I'm not so high on Hardy though. Hearing what Mayock said and looking at the clips they showed it seems he's really good as a red zone WR which the Bills need badly but he also seems to give up rather then work for the ball.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-27-2008, 01:13 AM   #11
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Cowboys C+
I love Jenkins.
I kinda understand Felix, but you can't make that pick with Mendenhall still on the board.
The 2nd round TE was a MAJOR disappointment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2008, 01:38 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Chargers had 1 pick. They drafted Antoine Cason. Wasn't real high on him, thought he got by on rep this last year.

I give them a C.
With that being said I'll give it an A.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:43 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

A for McFadden. Not necessarily on need, but on drafting the best player in the class.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:55 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

I'd give the Dolphins a solid A-/B+. They got value with all 3 picks, I feel. Merling at 32 could end up being something of a steal, and while I wasn't thrilled with the Chad Henne pick at first, at least they didn't trade up and reach for him like Baltimore did with Flacco. I think they should keep drafting QB's (not necessarily always with premium picks) until they get it right. Jake Long gets an A or A- on potential, but we'll see if he can be a long term left tackle.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:00 AM   #15
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

F unless that pick next year ends up 28+
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2008, 02:01 AM   #16
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

It's difficult to give grades after only 2 rounds. Most teams' plans will become clear after the draft is actually complete.

i do really like the Cowboys' first three picks though. It's cool they have enough talent on their roster that they can go more the BPA route (besides an obvious need at all-purpose running back/kick returner, and Felix Jones was probably the best all-purpose back in this draft imo)

you can never have enough corners obviously, and Jenkins was probably one of the best in the draft. This probably adds some steal factor considering the value of the pick.

Bennett was probably one of the top TE's on most people's boards....Garrett's offense needs TE's that are receiving threats and Bennett will be. Still, i dont think they came into this draft planning on drafting a TE very high. Bennett was probably a classic "best player available" pick and with too much potential to pass up. If Bennett ends up being as good as his potential...it will add quite a dimension being able to pair him up with one of the best in the game in Witten in two tight sets.

props on the Cowboys first three picks, but the grade is an incomplete. I look forward to seeing what three players they draft tomorrow. I bet it's going to be mainly BPA

Last edited by ZB9; 04-27-2008 at 02:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »