Home

Hey news about Cedric "The Bust" Benson

This is a discussion on Hey news about Cedric "The Bust" Benson within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #25
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Hey news about Cedric "The Bust" Benson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownballa
yea I guess so... I would still like to see how he can do when he's not the feature back, like splitting time with Forte and co. He did pretty well when he was in tandem with Thomas Jones.
more importantly, it'd be nice to see what he can do as a feature back behind a half decent Oline. the bears line was HORRIBLE last year, and that showed with every back they put in the game... not to mention every quarterback. it seems like a lot of bears fans think the running game declined just bc jones went to the jets, but benson had a decent season when jones was the starter, and jones hasn't done much for the jets. i'm not saying benson's a stud, but he hasn't really had a chance to prove he's not a bust yet.

couple of years ago, the ravens running game was in the toilet. the top two backs averaged around 3.0 ypc. last year jamal lewis and chestor taylor showed how different they look behind a decent offensive line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #26
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
Benson "a thug"? That term doesnt fit him. A lot of terms fit Benson (including "bust"), but "thug" is not one of them.

as far as "gestapo"...the APD rejects, doh i mean many in the LCRA, are known for stuff like this. Ive been on Lake Travis countless times. Trust me, these accusations against them are not a suprise.
He's been involved in a lot of shady stuff since he was a freshman at UT. A lot of it has not been made public, or in some cases the public version is not really what happened.

I don't doubt that the "APD rejects" (a term I agree with BTW) are capable of some boneheaded behavior and may well have overreacted.

My point is that Cedric does not have the best judgement and frequently makes terrible decisions. He also frequently engages in conduct that is criminal (and I don't mean in the Ricky Rastafarian Williams sense).

Believe me or don't but I have been around him several times in a professional capacity, and this isn't some hidden agenda. I'm a Texas Ex as well, so it's not like I have an anti - Longhorn bias either.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:01 PM   #27
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

i hear ya man. The "thug" term does have different definitions depending on the person and other things. Ive been around Cedric, and ive been around some thugs, and i dont consider Benson to be in that category.

anyway, whatever the definition might be, and whether it applies to him or not...i dont think "thug" applies in THIS particular case, looking at many of the details involved in it....but i dont deny that he has a reputation. Perhaps that reputation had something to do with how he was treated by the LCRA

Last edited by ZB9; 05-11-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:20 AM   #28
Rookie

chitownballa's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
more importantly, it'd be nice to see what he can do as a feature back behind a half decent Oline. the bears line was HORRIBLE last year, and that showed with every back they put in the game... not to mention every quarterback. it seems like a lot of bears fans think the running game declined just bc jones went to the jets, but benson had a decent season when jones was the starter, and jones hasn't done much for the jets. i'm not saying benson's a stud, but he hasn't really had a chance to prove he's not a bust yet.

couple of years ago, the ravens running game was in the toilet. the top two backs averaged around 3.0 ypc. last year jamal lewis and chestor taylor showed how different they look behind a decent offensive line.
yea, this offensive line is pretty much the same as last year's, minus our #1 pick. Hopefully they'll be able to stay healthy this year. We'll see
Old 05-12-2008, 04:15 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

CB hasn't done himself any favors for being in the middle of this, innocent or not. Nor do I agree with the rush to judgment based on the little info out there or erroneously colored by his lackluster play as if that has any bearing.

If he's found innocent, I'd still like to see him on the field to compete for a starting spot. He's been mediocre so far but some of that can be placed on the poor performance of the OL.

As far as his character, he's no different than a lot of young guys coming into the NFL by being a goof at times. If we judged all college players coming in by 'unreported' incidents, behind the scenes opinions, the Talking Heads media, etc., there's be a lot less players coming out of college. lol

This isn't a 'thug' situation IMO but more a question of his judgment. It may well be that he was an idiot by not listening to the cop but there's also a great chance that the cop was playing Barney Fife with an attitude. Personally I'll just wait till the whole story plays out.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:36 AM   #30
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus
CB hasn't done himself any favors for being in the middle of this, innocent or not. Nor do I agree with the rush to judgment based on the little info out there or erroneously colored by his lackluster play as if that has any bearing.

If he's found innocent, I'd still like to see him on the field to compete for a starting spot. He's been mediocre so far but some of that can be placed on the poor performance of the OL.

As far as his character, he's no different than a lot of young guys coming into the NFL by being a goof at times. If we judged all college players coming in by 'unreported' incidents, behind the scenes opinions, the Talking Heads media, etc., there's be a lot less players coming out of college. lol

This isn't a 'thug' situation IMO but more a question of his judgment. It may well be that he was an idiot by not listening to the cop but there's also a great chance that the cop was playing Barney Fife with an attitude. Personally I'll just wait till the whole story plays out.
Thomas Jones did a much better job with that same OL.

As for his a-hole mentality, it is what it is. He's always been full of himself and had bad judgement about what he does and what he says. I still can't forgive him for his Heisman over the National Championship talk. He's a fool and a half.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:45 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Thomas Jones did a much better job with that same OL.
But so did Benson. It was last year when the OL fell apart & started playing like they were all 100 years old...which I think they are.

Quote:
As for his a-hole mentality, it is what it is. He's always been full of himself and had bad judgement about what he does and what he says. I still can't forgive him for his Heisman over the National Championship talk. He's a fool and a half.
A-hole definitely fits in some of his BS. I sure wouldn't defend some of the crap that's come out of his mouth so far. I don't think he'll ever truly grow up but I wouldn't mind seeing him be an a-hole who learns to run between the tackles...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2008, 09:01 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 32

Report: Benson hires new attorney; witness says arrest 'ludicrous'
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3388183

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »