Home

How would you assess Reggie Bush's first 2 years in the NFL

This is a discussion on How would you assess Reggie Bush's first 2 years in the NFL within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #57
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How would you assess Reggie Bush's first 2 years in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Overrated players don't catch over 80 passes out of the backfield. Get over yourself.
LMAO Get over myself? Heh if you like Bush then that's cool. But whose the last running back drafted that high who's done something? 80 passes out of the backfield is good for a running back. They have to get the ball in his hands somehow because he's not getting anything done on the ground period!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Overrated players don't catch over 80 passes out of the backfield. Get over yourself.
I agree. I remember when people was calling Mario a bust and wasted pick after his 1st year.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
LMAO Get over myself? Heh if you like Bush then that's cool. But whose the last running back drafted that high who's done something? 80 passes out of the backfield is good for a running back. They have to get the ball in his hands somehow because he's not getting anything done on the ground period!
I am just saying give him some time. 1st season Deuce got majority of the carries and the 2nd year was his first opportunity to be a feature back. I am looking forward to the upcoming season.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #60
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:

No, 80 catches out of the backfield is great for a running back.

An RB that is not the primary runner that has over 70 catches and over 500 yards rushing two years in a row doesn't spell bust to me.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #61
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Your right this will be a make or break season for Bush but like I asked initially who was the last running back drafted that high who did something? I know who but do you? The point I'm gonna make is so you can see what a true impact player is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 11:15 AM   #62
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Your right this will be a make or break season for Bush but like I asked initially who was the last running back drafted that high who did something? I know who but do you? The point I'm gonna make is so you can see what a true impact player is.
Ronnie Brown.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #63
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

How has he panned out? I'm talking who was the last running back drafted that high who had an immediate impact...Barry Sanders. He was 3rd overall and the same way he ran in highschool he ran that way in college. The same way he ran in college is the way he ran in the NFL. He was that good. Bush style hasn't transitioned because all if ever had was speed but if you can't create any running room it doesn't matter. Now granted Barry was running behind a horrible O line his whole career but my point is that's the type of game breaking ability a runningback is suppose to have when drafted that high. Darren McFadden reminds me of a faster Marcus Allen. Its gonna be interesting to see what he can do on the next level.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:45 AM   #64
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
You can't say 3 years when the average shelf life of a running back is 5. !
That's not really true and is more myth than anything. RB's do have a limited shelf life, there is only so much tread on the tires, but most feature RB's last significantly longer than 5 years. And RB's that share a role like Bush, even longer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »