Home

Bears waive RB Benson after latest arrest

This is a discussion on Bears waive RB Benson after latest arrest within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #57
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Bears waive RB Benson after latest arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Nevertheless, I think Bears fans would've just liked if he produced like TJ. I think that's all they asked for.
yea true, and he didnt....but 10 games obviously isnt very many games.

What if he produces like TJ for another team? Whatever team he goes to next, his salary will be much lower, and that will make a big difference when it comes to expectations imo. 4th overall was probably too high to select him.

He is not going to be a "franchise back" imo...and the team he goes to next isnt going to pay him like a franchise back, so they arent going to have to fit him into that role with those type of expectations.

Last edited by ZB9; 06-10-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #58
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
yea true, and he didnt....but 10 games obviously isnt very many games.

What if he produces like TJ for another team? Whatever team he goes to next, his salary will be much lower, and that will make a big difference when it comes to expectations imo. 4th overall was probably too high to select him.

He is not going to be a "franchise back" imo...and the team he goes to next isnt going to pay him like a franchise back, so they arent going to have to fit him into that role with those type of expectations.
Well if he plays like TJ now, after knowing he's nowhere as good as projected to be, I think teams would be happy as hell.

I just don't know if dude has the mentality to be anything at all. All harkens back from that Heisman over an NC comment for me.

This article says alot...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,7851667.story
Old 06-11-2008, 01:36 AM   #59
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Say hi to Lawrence Phillips and Maurice Clarrett for us.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 06-11-2008, 09:03 AM   #60
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Say hi to Lawrence Phillips and Maurice Clarrett for us.
And Bam Morris too...
Old 06-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #61
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Nevertheless, I think Bears fans would've just liked if he produced like TJ. I think that's all they asked for.
Last year (also behind a worse line) TJ didn't perform like TJ. There's no discussion if you won't accept that the oline was much worse last year, or at the very least, the QB situation was much worse and either or both effected the running game significantly.

BTW, I don't know if Phillips or even Morris are good comparisons b/c they had some solid years before their heads got them the boot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 15

havent posted here much in a while. Ill give a few points

1- Benson is a huge dissapointment, I believe he could have produced much better behind a better O line. Im sure he will land somewhere (Denver?) and be a factor for someone else. It just pains me that the bears have had 0 luck in the two most important offensive positions in the last what 20+ years.

2- I doubt TJ would have produced much better than Benson did last year. Anyone saying otherwise is mostly jaded by massive dissapointment and the need to blame someone for the bears downfall last year.

3- I am confident that our RB crew can produce this year, even without the addition of another back, as long as our line is improved.

4- If Lovie doesnt win at least 8 games he will likely be fired, which will be a tragedy, but Chicago fans are possibly the least intelligent "true hardcore" football fans in the country, and we turn on players and coaches way too easily and way to fast.

5- Barring a maricle this year, our super bowl run window has officially closed, and we need to retool for a hopeful shot 2-3 years from now.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #63
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
havent posted here much in a while. Ill give a few points

1- Benson is a huge dissapointment, I believe he could have produced much better behind a better O line. Im sure he will land somewhere (Denver?) and be a factor for someone else. It just pains me that the bears have had 0 luck in the two most important offensive positions in the last what 20+ years.
Lol any running back that gets cut always gets pointed to going to Denver. We have enough RBs, hell some RB's are now playing at fullback just to get playing time.

If Benson comes over here to tryout, he better bring some work ethic
Old 06-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #64
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Last year (also behind a worse line) TJ didn't perform like TJ. There's no discussion if you won't accept that the oline was much worse last year, or at the very least, the QB situation was much worse and either or both effected the running game significantly.

And you'll never convince me that the oline was so bad as people say when a chump like Peterson can put up stats behind the same line. That's just the way it is. As for the QB, that had always been crap, so...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »