Home

Bears waive RB Benson after latest arrest

This is a discussion on Bears waive RB Benson after latest arrest within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #65
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Bears waive RB Benson after latest arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
havent posted here much in a while. Ill give a few points

1- Benson is a huge dissapointment, I believe he could have produced much better behind a better O line. Im sure he will land somewhere (Denver?) and be a factor for someone else. It just pains me that the bears have had 0 luck in the two most important offensive positions in the last what 20+ years.

2- I doubt TJ would have produced much better than Benson did last year. Anyone saying otherwise is mostly jaded by massive dissapointment and the need to blame someone for the bears downfall last year.

3- I am confident that our RB crew can produce this year, even without the addition of another back, as long as our line is improved.

4- If Lovie doesnt win at least 8 games he will likely be fired, which will be a tragedy, but Chicago fans are possibly the least intelligent "true hardcore" football fans in the country, and we turn on players and coaches way too easily and way to fast.

5- Barring a maricle this year, our super bowl run window has officially closed, and we need to retool for a hopeful shot 2-3 years from now.
Not surprisingly, I agree on all accounts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 10:52 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
And you'll never convince me that the oline was so bad as people say when a chump like Peterson can put up stats behind the same line. That's just the way it is. As for the QB, that had always been crap, so...
What do you consider "stats" AP's stats were no better than Benson's and he played more throughout the season.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #67
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
What do you consider "stats" AP's stats were no better than Benson's and he played more throughout the season.
Look at his past season's stats....and then the stats from the rest of his career. He's a 2nd stringer at his very best and has been a 3rd stringer mostly. That's all I'm pretty much saying.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #68
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

It's bout time the Bears let Benson go. Since his rookie season he's had the worse attitude...the I'm a first rounder i should be treated differently attitude. He's not lived up to the hype of his Texas career and he does not have the speed to take it to the house....the Bears need a game breaker supreme at the position. Matt Forte I believe will be the most productive Bear runningback since Neal Anderson. Even if Benson was on the team i believe Matt Forte would have beaten him out as the season went along. Benson doesn't run with power and determination and fumbles way to much. Kudos to the Bears for making this move !!!!!

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 06-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
And Bam Morris too...
and reggie bust. dont worry he will be there soon enough on the bust train. wow man the bears are gonna suck. No passing and no running. I gues devin hester have to score 15 return and punt tds to help this team. Why the hell they didnt draft a QB i mean come on the draft was deep in QBs man.

Last edited by stateprop; 06-13-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:28 AM   #70
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
and reggie bust. dont worry he will be there soon enough on the bust train. wow man the bears are gonna suck. No passing and no running. I gues devin hester have to score 15 return and punt tds to help this team. Why the hell they didnt draft a QB i mean come on the draft was deep in QBs man.
What the heck does Reggie Bush have to do with Lawrence Phillips and Mo Clarett? He hasn't been in trouble with the law.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:35 AM   #71
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

No one claimed Benson off waivers, only time he'll be getting a job is if a team is decimated at the RB spot it seems
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #72
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

he's still in legal hot water. once it's clear what exactly he'll be charged with and what his punishment will be, he'll have a better chance of getting a job (as crazy as that seems but it's how it goes in professional sports).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »