Home

That's Never Good

This is a discussion on That's Never Good within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: That's Never Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
What difference does it make if "I don't do it"? In today's world where jealousy of the modern athlete is extremely prevalent, showcasing your $$$ by spraying bottle after bottle of Dom P. is just not a sound choice. And you cannot justify that it is.

"Making it rain" with $80K at a strip club or spraying 15 bottles of Dom P is simply asinine. I don't care if it's at a party of not.

I hope he recovers because I like the guy. That goes back to his days at FSU too (and I even root hard against the Noles usually).
you're being ignorant towards the situation, he was parting, thousands do that same thing every weekend and its in VEGAS the place where people go to let out and get away, there are PLENTY of justifiable reasons for doing this. He gets ROBBED and BEATEN threatening his career and you call him an ***?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #26
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
$200 Dom P gets the shirts just as wet as $10 bottle.
Maybe, but tell the chicks that and see their reaction lol.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #27
P2K
Banned

Quote:
What difference does it make if "I don't do it"? In today's world where jealousy of the modern athlete is extremely prevalent, showcasing your $$$ by spraying bottle after bottle of Dom P. is just not a sound choice. And you cannot justify that it is.

"Making it rain" with $80K at a strip club or spraying 15 bottles of Dom P is simply asinine. I don't care if it's at a party of not.

I hope he recovers because I like the guy. That goes back to his days at FSU too (and I even root hard against the Noles usually).
You cannot justify girls flashing their breasts in clubs (or more), but that doesn't mean they are targets for rape.

Scrubbies on the street do the same thing that Walker did. Should people be jealous of them and make them targets?

To think that it would make a person go "meh...why do that?", I can understand. But to outright call people who do that and are just having fun "an ***" doesn't compute with me.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #28
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMoss84
you're being ignorant towards the situation, he was parting, thousands do that same thing every weekend and its in VEGAS the place where people go to let out and get away, there are PLENTY of justifiable reasons for doing this. He gets ROBBED and BEATEN threatening his career and you call him an ***?
The problem is there are too many other knuckleheads out there that have athletes and celebrities marked. Javon Walker is not "thousands of people" either. If this were PacMan Jones, Chris Henry, etc, we would probably be saying, "see what happens when you act a fool in Vegas".

Plenty of justifiable reasons? Um, not really. Just like there really isn't a justifiable reason to rob and beat a man who has money and some fame. None of it really makes sense man.

I feel bad for calling him an *** and I really hope he does get well soon.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #29
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
You cannot justify girls flashing their breasts in clubs (or more), but that doesn't mean they are targets for rape.

Scrubbies on the street do the same thing that Walker did. Should people be jealous of them and make them targets?

To think that it would make a person go "meh...why do that?", I can understand. But to outright call people who do that and are just having fun "an ***" doesn't compute with me.
You know what? You make a good point here P2K. My comments were a little harsh in calling him an *** and spraying champagne doesn't give a criminal permission to rob him. It's the other clowns out there nowadays that make these actions risky.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #30
P2K
Banned

Quote:
You know what? You make a good point here P2K. My comments were a little harsh in calling him an *** and spraying champagne doesn't give a criminal permission to rob him. It's the other clowns out there nowadays that make these actions risky.
It was just my opinion, really and you had your opinion. It's jsut that you put it out there, so I thought I would comment.

I absolutely agree with you that because of the thousands of butt clowns out there, that doing anything could lead to danger. Sad state of affairs.

As for Adam Jones and Chris Henry, I would never have a problem with them just having fun. Even with "making it rain" and whatever else both guys were doing. It's the extracurricular stuff they were doing, like beating men and women up, getting into it with the coppers and having people in your crew shooting up the joint and everything else that makes Jones and Henry the public enemy.

Some people can't get that in their heads that this is what alot of us are saying.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've always sympathized with Javon Walker for what he went through with Darrent Williams. Plus, he seems like an alright guy. It's just that these guys have SO much money (I think he just signed a 55 Million dollar deal) that when they get in these clubs wasting champagne and throwing away money, they really make you want to slap some sense in them and say "what are you doing?" If I was at a party and got sprayed with champagne (even if I was drunk) by some rich dude and it wasn't New Years or something like that, I'd be pissed. But I have self-control and could laugh it off. Some people can't. He probably got targeted. I'm not saying he shouldn't have fun but he knows what the deal is already.

Not only does the NFL teach ridiculous common sense seminars about how to conduct yourself in public, what to do in when you go out and party, and how you could be a target at anytime, he also saw one of his good friends get killed after a club altercation. At this point, you'd think that in the club he'd maybe not wanna wear so much jewelry, that maybe he'd not wanna spray champagne on people, and that maybe he'd could play it a little cooler than he is now. I mean, it's not like he hasn't had money for a while now and he's a young kid outta college. He's been a multi-millionaire for years now and he's gonna be 30 this year. Hopefully, he recovers and plays this season, maybe this the wake up call he needed to grow up just a little bit.

All this showboating is garbage. What happened to these guys just going out getting at least 8 extremely hot chicks taking them back to the hotel and having them fight to see who wants to sleep with them? Haha, life used to be so simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #32
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Call me an ***, but even if I were personally found on a Vegas street unconscious after a night like that I'd expect to be made fun of...I'd f'n deserve it for being a jackass...

I hope he recovers and all, but when you live hard you pay the price...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »