Home

Canadian Politician trying to "Ban" NFL Regular Season Games in Canada

This is a discussion on Canadian Politician trying to "Ban" NFL Regular Season Games in Canada within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2008, 03:01 PM   #9
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Canadian Politician trying to "Ban" NFL Regular Season Games in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
I agree asainflow, that's why I have a FTA satellite dish.
Same here

I can only take so much Hockey news. I do have a BEV feed so I can watch some Canadian stuff such as the CFL live as they air.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
On the topic of a free market, for the love of god, can we get ESPN in Canada. Sportsnet Connected and SportsCentre need to be re-named The Hockey Show. They should also get rid of the silly rule where radio stations and tv music stations have to have a certain amount of Canadian content.
QFT. Being a college football fan without ESPN you just miss out on so many games. It's even worse in Quebec. I know there's a "College Football and Basketball" package you can get in most of Canada that gives you access to a lot of the ESPN games. Here, the package is not available. I get some of those games if I get NFL Sunday Ticket but it's incidental because the channels used by whoever manages these packages overlap. In other words, I can't even be sure to get these games anymore even if I get Sunday Ticket.

And to top it off TSN is no longer showing all NASCAR races live on their main feed, which means in some cases, like last weekend, I can't even watch the race. Granted it was on TNT and not ESPN but it's likely to also happen with ESPN races later this year.

I don't care if I have to pay a premium to get US channels I should at least have some legal options to get these channels. End of rant!
Old 06-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
binging

SPTO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
QFT. Being a college football fan without ESPN you just miss out on so many games. It's even worse in Quebec. I know there's a "College Football and Basketball" package you can get in most of Canada that gives you access to a lot of the ESPN games. Here, the package is not available. I get some of those games if I get NFL Sunday Ticket but it's incidental because the channels used by whoever manages these packages overlap. In other words, I can't even be sure to get these games anymore even if I get Sunday Ticket.
!
Sadly the NCAA package in Canada is bare bones compared to the US. It's kinda sad. I mean I wanna see games from VS and the Big Ten Network!

Thankfully I can

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #12
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

As an expat I much prefer the primary sports coverage I receive here and prefer to get my hockey through Center Ice, I get HNIC, all the games I want, but I'm not inundated with hockey all the damn time on the big sports networks during the heart of college and pro football season.

I am curious about how many teams the NFL plans to expand to in the next couple of decades, obviously the brand is the biggest in North American sports and success is pretty much a given in any reasonably large market. Toronto would support a team fanatically and I have no doubt tickets would be amongst the priciest in the league. There is no need for the television situation to be an issue, you're talking about the fourth largest metro population in the entire U.S./Canada, they can figure something out. But I guess first is the matter of figuring out the stadium issue in L.A.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:16 PM   #13
binging

SPTO's Arena

BP you ever plan to come back to Canada? Actually you can answer in PM if you feel more comfortable doing that privately.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
I agree asainflow, that's why I have a FTA satellite dish.
Are you able to get the channels in HD using this method?
Old 06-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
binging

SPTO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
Are you able to get the channels in HD using this method?
There's a box for HD signals. I only have an SD box.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

How many Canadians does it take to talk about a canidian Politician trying to "ban" NFL regular season games in Canada?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »