Home

Who is the most overrated Player in the NFL?

This is a discussion on Who is the most overrated Player in the NFL? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2008, 11:38 PM   #41
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Who is the most overrated Player in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123
Being a Broncos' fan and in the same division as the Chargers, it is definitely Phillip Rivers.
Let me know when he loses to Denver. Or how exactly he is overrated. Does anyone actually rate him that high?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #42
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

carson palmer and matt leinart
Old 07-01-2008, 02:50 AM   #43
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan4Life
On T.O.

Too bad NFL.com doesn't keep track of dropped passes or dropped passes in the clutch. Did you see the Bills game where the Cowboys almost lost to them because T.O. couldn't hold onto the ball? I'm always seeing that cat drop passes and I wish there were some stats on it to look at. His efficiency in that regard is probably piss poor compared to other quality recievers.
Nevermind the fact that against the Bills, Tony Romo had the worst game of his ever-loving life. No, Romo's five picks and lost fumble were all Owens' fault. Nevermind the fact that Dallas' pass defense wasn't up to snuff for the entirety of last year, or that their pass blocking got shoddy at times late last year. No, TO simply dropped the ball. Repeatedly.

I don't want to derail this thread further than I already have, but if he was dropping passes as much as you say he does to the point where it was a severe detriment to the team, he would not be nearly as highly regarded as a physical specimen and playmaker that he is. Obviously he can catch the ball with some reasonable ability, given the fact that since the 2000 season he has recorded at least 77 catches in a year each year (save the year he sat half of in Philadelphia). Does he have the best hands in the league? No. Is he one of the best players in the NFL once the ball is in his hands that a defense has to do everything in its power to prevent such from happening? Heck yes.

I've already conceded that he's not the most complete receiver in the league, but in no way is Terrell Owens overrated.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #44
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Was this really needed after the pouring on you did on Bush in the other threads?

Always the same dudes that are hanging onto Reggie Bush. And the funny thing is...I'm not even a USC or Saints fan!
Funny thing is the people hating on Bush are pretty much the only ones mentioning him over and over. It's like they're building him up to say he's not worth the hype at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Either Derek Anderson or Ben Rothlisburger.
Big Ben is still rated a little high for my taste but after a bounce back from his down year I think he's considered closer to his actual value now than after his rookie year. I don't think he can be called the most overrated.

Derek Anderson, on the other hand, would be at the top of my list. I agree with Barber too. He's being talked about in the top 5 of RBs in the league. He's had a successful run but not to that level at this point.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #45
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
[ZB9]Reggie Bush[/ZB9]
lol Bush overrated? That is absurd. He is clearly Marshall Faulk, LT, and Gale Sayers all rolled into one

anyway, Bob Sanders comes to mind. He is a top player obviously, and is definitely pro bowl caliber, but I dont know about DPOY level like he is made out to be. He isnt the most overrated though.

the most overrated player is DeAngelo "toast" Hall imo. I dont understand how he is considered an all star caliber corner.

Last edited by ZB9; 07-01-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #46
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan4Life
T.O.

Sure he catches a lot of balls and, therefore, a lot of touchdowns, but Terrell Owens loves dropping balls in the clutch. As a Redskins fan, I can always count on T.O. to drop a key pass.
aint that the truth!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Suprised Roy Williams wasn't mentioned...but that would be like pointing out the obvious lol.

I would say R***** B*** but that's mentioned several times already so no need for me mention THAT name anymore.
Good one. I guess we cant name recently retired qbs from Mississippi.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:04 PM   #48
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
Bob Sanders comes to mind. He is a top player obviously, and is definitely pro bowl caliber, but I dont know about DPOY level like he is made out to be.
I think he's made out to be that way b/c he won the DPOY.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »