Home

Which NFL Coach do you think is on the Hot Seat in 2008.

This is a discussion on Which NFL Coach do you think is on the Hot Seat in 2008. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2008, 05:39 AM   #17
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Which NFL Coach do you think is on the Hot Seat in 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
No chance with Tomlin getting fired or being under serious fire. If the Steelers track record with coaches is any example, he could be here for another 15+ years.

If Cowher goes anywhere (and I'm not sold that he is going to come back), he's going to Carolina IMO. That's where his family lives and where he went to college (NC State). I think he'll stay close to NC if he does come back.
I totally agree MJ.

I expect too see Cowher on the Panthers sideline for the 2009-2010 season.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 55

Marvin Lewis and Lovie Smith are most likely in the most danger of losing their jobs. Especially Lewis.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:09 AM   #19
stewaat

OVR:

John Fox is on the hot seat as shown by his reach for OT Jeff Otah in the draft. If that wasn't a complete desperation move I don't know what is.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:18 AM   #20
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Brad Childress. This is year 3 and now after the drafts they have had, and the FA additions, Childress has to win the division and win a playoff game to keep his job.

That's just my opinion but last year's squad should have made the playoffs and they folded against the Redskins and blew a chance at it.

I want T Jackson to be a good QB, but he might cost Childress his job if he falters this season. Childress is very loyal to him and there has never been a quality backup in Minnesota under Childress.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 07-15-2008, 01:30 AM   #21
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Herm Edwards. No doubt.

People give him too much credit. I always hear about how great of a head coach he is, but it's funny. His career record is 52-60 (2-4 in the playoffs), but what stands out most to me is that he'll take over a team, have a great first season, and then they'll get worse every year. That's true for every season, except for one (2004).

If he doesn't at least make a run at a wild card spot, he'll be coaching in college in 2009.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 03:35 AM   #22

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I agree with who everyone has mentioned, and on a side note I pray the Niners fire Nolan the first chance he gets. Im not sold on Alex Smith at all, but the moment your HC starts calling out your leader for his toughness in the local papers, someone has to go and the coach is easier to rid yourself of. He has done nothing with this team, and as much as people like to use the excuse that we have had a different offensive cordinator every year recently, he was the idiot responsible for bringing in the fool we had last year who hadnt coached in an eternity and, heres a shocker, he was terrible.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:09 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
I agree with who everyone has mentioned, and on a side note I pray the Niners fire Nolan the first chance he gets. Im not sold on Alex Smith at all, but the moment your HC starts calling out your leader for his toughness in the local papers, someone has to go and the coach is easier to rid yourself of. He has done nothing with this team, and as much as people like to use the excuse that we have had a different offensive cordinator every year recently, he was the idiot responsible for bringing in the fool we had last year who hadnt coached in an eternity and, heres a shocker, he was terrible.
what if nolan is fired, and then Mike Holmgren decides that instead of retiring he wants to come back to the bay for one more run? Talk about dream come true, eh?
Old 07-21-2008, 02:46 AM   #24
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
John Fox is on the hot seat as shown by his reach for OT Jeff Otah in the draft. If that wasn't a complete desperation move I don't know what is.

Him and Hurney. Give yourself a slightly better chance to win now and when it doesn't work out then **** it, you won't be around next season to deal with it anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »