Home

Michael Vick files for bankruptcy protection

This is a discussion on Michael Vick files for bankruptcy protection within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Michael Vick files for bankruptcy protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I for one find it a shame that athletes have done far worse than Vick and received little to no punishment. Pac-man Jones was responisble, at least in part, for another man being shot and paralyzed. Not only that, but hitting women. Numerous players have been accused of rape, etc.

All of those are worse than dog fighting. Or have we gotten to the point to where we esteem Fido to be of more value than our fellow man?
I kind of agree. Pretty harsh sentence for a first-time offense?

He doesn't deserve to have his livelihood taken away for a mistake but when that livelihood depends on public support, it's unavoidable that all the negative stories will destroy the willingness of the public to pay to watch him play.

If he was smart, his earnings before his troubles should have been enough to take care of him financially for life. But it sounds like he overextended himself, taking out loans against future earnings, which are now gone.

Still he probably never imagined one transgression would just unravel his career, his socioeconomic standing so quickly.

Probably a lot of other NFL and NBA players don't realize this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2008, 11:15 PM   #26
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
I also was reading somewhere where he has a lot of "baby mothers" that he owes child support to.

Now is a baby mother the same thing as a wife or is that like a mistress or something else. What's the difference? Can some explain this to me?
lol the was some racist **** you said but lol and im black
Old 07-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Damn, damn, damn. This dude had all the talent in the world, a god given talent but he threw it down the drain. It's unfortunate that his life has gone down the crapper like this, I hope he'll find a way to play football again but it's looking pretty gloom and somber at this moment. THat's pretty pathetic that he was making millions doing something some of us
frequently ponder doing but don't have that athleticism and talent without realizing the
possible ramifications is just pitbull, sorry, i mean pitiful.

Animal cruely is a very sensitive and reprehensible issue in America considering the amount of pro-animal activists such as PETA who have a strong political influence, not to mention the cultural importance that dogs have in our lives. Plus it doesn't help that Vick's friends snitched him out. I just don't understand why Pacman Jones, a thug who has 15 pending criminal charges against him, he shoots up a nightclub, smashes a females face in, but is playing for the cowboys now a year or so later? Who is more reprehensible-Vick, a dog killer or Pacman, someone who has utter disregard for society in general?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:43 AM   #28
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

hope all ends well with vick. i definitely will keep him in my prayers.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 07-09-2008, 08:00 AM   #29
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

This guy has royally screwed up his life, same with his brother. Mass amounts of talent, possibly couldve changed the game, but he never got it together.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:47 AM   #30
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

What a waste. It's just amazing how young people screw up their lives by making such poor decisions. I guarantee you Vick is sitting in his cell just shaking his head and wondering what the heck happened but it's his own damn fault. Damn shame.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 07-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #31
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I think in the rookie symposium they need to use Vick, Chris Henry and Pacman as examples and say see these TALENTED young men who were first roudners (i think Henry was a 3rd) and made tons of money? If you do ******* things, you will lose it all. This is your job, this is your life, go be great, and stay outta trouble.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #32
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I think in the rookie symposium they need to use Vick, Chris Henry and Pacman as examples and say see these TALENTED young men who were first roudners (i think Henry was a 3rd) and made tons of money? If you do ******* things, you will lose it all. This is your job, this is your life, go be great, and stay outta trouble.
They do, and 90 percent of the rookies listen and heed.

Then there's the other 10 percent, some of which are among the most talented in the room.

Parenting, parenting, parenting. That's the only way to stop it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »