Home

Jags WR Matt Jones arrested on cocaine charges

This is a discussion on Jags WR Matt Jones arrested on cocaine charges within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Jags WR Matt Jones arrested on cocaine charges

So before this what was his status in the NFL's drug program? I also have to wonder how long cocaine stays in your system. I mean training camps are about 2 weeks away, and everyone gets tested the first day that you report to camp. So either he knew that it wasn't going to be in his system or he really didn't care.

Sucks for him though. Any team need a tall underachiever at WR?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 07-10-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #10
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

What else do they have to spend all their money on? How many kids would do drugs if they were millionaires. A lot I am guessing.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #11
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

This sort of catches me by suprise, but I never really know anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

*******, you would think that they're smart enough to do this stuff in thier own damn house. These professional players keep getting dumber by the hours.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #13
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
What else do they have to spend all their money on? How many kids would do drugs if they were millionaires. A lot I am guessing.
Did you really just say that? So let me try and follow this rather.......interesting logic you have.

Guy gets good at football, gets drafted, makes a lot of money, thinks to himself, "Hmm, I don't know what to buy, oh, wait a minute, sure, I will go buy some Cocaine." That makes sense to you? Do you really think kids grow up wanting to be millionaires, just so they can buy drugs?

How old are you? Don't ya think with all the consumer products and other things available to the wealthy, that "buying drugs" is pretty far down on the list? I can just hear these guys now, "Yeah, I can't wait to get drafted and get a big contract so I can ruin my life, my family, and my career with drugs."
Old 07-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #14
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
*******, you would think that they're smart enough to do this stuff in thier own damn house. These professional players keep getting dumber by the hours.
Yup, they sure do.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
Sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Did you really just say that? So let me try and follow this rather.......interesting logic you have.

Guy gets good at football, gets drafted, makes a lot of money, thinks to himself, "Hmm, I don't know what to buy, oh, wait a minute, sure, I will go buy some Cocaine." That makes sense to you? Do you really think kids grow up wanting to be millionaires, just so they can buy drugs?

How old are you? Don't ya think with all the consumer products and other things available to the wealthy, that "buying drugs" is pretty far down on the list? I can just hear these guys now, "Yeah, I can't wait to get drafted and get a big contract so I can ruin my life, my family, and my career with drugs."
Dude, you need to take it down a notch. Why are you going off on someone for making a comment? Seriously.

Fact of the matter is lots of people blessed with incredible talent at whatever it is get paid a lot of money before reaching an age where they're mature enough to manage it and their lives properly. A good number of young people end up doing drugs in these situations. If you want to put blinders on to that, that's your choice but you shouldn't be throwing insults at someone on a message board who states the reality of it. Sure there are many things they SHOULD be doing with their money but they're immature... they feel above the law, God-like, make it rain in clubs, drive 100 mph drunk, have children with multiple women, etc.

Nobody is condoning the behavior but to act like it doesn't happen A LOT is just as bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #16
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Sad but true.

Dude, you need to take it down a notch. Why are you going off on someone for making a comment? Seriously.

Fact of the matter is lots of people blessed with incredible talent at whatever it is get paid a lot of money before reaching an age where they're mature enough to manage it and their lives properly. A good number of young people end up doing drugs in these situations. If you want to put blinders on to that, that's your choice but you shouldn't be throwing insults at someone on a message board who states the reality of it. Sure there are many things they SHOULD be doing with their money but they're immature... they feel above the law, God-like, make it rain in clubs, drive 100 mph drunk, have children with multiple women, etc.

Nobody is condoning the behavior but to act like it doesn't happen A LOT is just as bad.
1. I'm not angry so I don't need to "take it down a notch".
2. His comment was absurd, and as such, I pointed out the absurdity of it.
3. I'm not putting blinders on anything, in fact, my comment wasn't about the current state of athletes using drugs, it was more about his point that they (A) have nothing to spend money on, and (B) would choose to do drugs, once they got money. What is stopping them from getting a job at Burger King and getting high every night? Wealth has nothing to do with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »