Home

Jags WR Matt Jones arrested on cocaine charges

This is a discussion on Jags WR Matt Jones arrested on cocaine charges within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #41
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Jags WR Matt Jones arrested on cocaine charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
He is a damn thug. ;-)
lol no gun charges...I dont think they found him with a 9 mm (maybe a deer rifle though)

Last edited by ZB9; 07-10-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
ZB9, crack is MUCH cheaper than cocaine, despite them being essentially the same. Jail sentence is much higher too... but that's another conversation.
The money is also much better when you cook. From what I hear...
Old 07-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #43
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Am I the only one that was shocked that he didn't get blasted down when the cops asked him to show his hands, and he only shows ONE? Must be some real patient cops there in Fayetteville.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #44
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Cocaine is sold on the Strip...crack is sold in the alleys.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #45
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Trip back to your college town: $500

6 grams of cocaine: $250

Getting caught cutting cocaine in your car, in a public parking lot, with a credit card: Priceless

Last edited by ZB9; 07-10-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Did you really just say that? So let me try and follow this rather.......interesting logic you have.

Guy gets good at football, gets drafted, makes a lot of money, thinks to himself, "Hmm, I don't know what to buy, oh, wait a minute, sure, I will go buy some Cocaine." That makes sense to you? Do you really think kids grow up wanting to be millionaires, just so they can buy drugs?

How old are you? Don't ya think with all the consumer products and other things available to the wealthy, that "buying drugs" is pretty far down on the list? I can just hear these guys now, "Yeah, I can't wait to get drafted and get a big contract so I can ruin my life, my family, and my career with drugs."
What you don't seem to understand is that human beings are genetically flawed. Put three people in a room together and it won't be long before two plot to kill the third one. I mean, even with laws in place to discourage such, humans still murder, rape, and commit genocide against each other on a daily basis.

The average person's life revolves around money. You need money. You need it to pay your house note, take care of your kids, get your brakes fixed, get a haircut, you need to buy groceries....the list goes on. The average person's day revolves around there job and keeping it. Factor in increasing gas, energy, and consumerable goods, and now the average person has to figure out how to balance all of these things, which leaves them almost no time to do "stupid" things. After working 10 hours a day, then picking little Tommy Tom up from soccer practice, eating, listening to your significant other complain about their life, job, friend, etc, then going to visit nanny for maybe an hour, all the average person has time enough to do is sleep. Go to work, deal with crap at home, and sleep. Because you need the money.

But what if you didn't need the money? What if you could just stop working whenever you wanted? Well damn, now that's like...70% of your life free? What you going to do with that time, you going to build an orphanage, feed the homeless, fight injustice in America?

Nope. Your going to get high as hell, drunk as hell, then play hide the salami with a couple of swedish models. You can afford them, you've gotten millions of dollars. If you say your not then your kidding yourself here...

And I don't think they "can't wait to ruin there life with coke" I think it's more "wow I've bought everything for myself and my family and I still have 3.6 million left over, and I'm going to make another 5 million next year. Might as well buy some coke, what else am I going to buy? A Bentley? I already have two."

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Old 07-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek05
Your going to get high as hell, drunk as hell, then play hide the salami with a couple of swedish models.
I wouldn't.

I guess I'm just kidding myself. Or maybe I can think of plenty of other things I'd rather spend the money on. But hey, if YOU want to get high as hell, drunk as hell, and have fun with Swedish models, more power to you.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 6

I think most of you would be suprised by how many people actually use coke. I promise you have friends or family that do it on the DL. I can promise you that drug use is higher per capita in pro athletics than it is in the regualr world. So it's not surprising either, but he was dumb for getting popped like that. Either way in the grand scheme of the world this doesn't amtter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »