Home

NFL Players throwing GANG SIGNS!!!!!! During Games???

This is a discussion on NFL Players throwing GANG SIGNS!!!!!! During Games??? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #17
stewaat

OVR:
Re: NFL Players throwing GANG SIGNS!!!!!! During Games???

Old 07-17-2008, 12:31 AM   #18
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
So should that be wrong or not? What do you think?
It;s definently wrong especially because the message it sends to the kids..But the problem is how many viewers out there actually know what and if gang signs are being thrown up..I bet alot of them look like peace signs to the average viewer lol..but like others have said players and teams with affiliated gang members are nothing new to folks in the know!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:43 AM   #19
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Lambeau Leap = Most Commonly Used Gang Sign in the NFL.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:15 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
It;s definently wrong especially because the message it sends to the kids..But the problem is how many viewers out there actually know what and if gang signs are being thrown up..I bet alot of them look like peace signs to the average viewer lol..but like others have said players and teams with affiliated gang members are nothing new to folks in the know!!!
The thing is any thing can look like a gang sign. Some do it and not even know what they are doing. They are like program to do it. Especially kids. I remember when I work at a school for trouble teens. Every picture I have of them they are throwing up signs. I guess you have to represent.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #21
Rookie

TLizChosen's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
There is no bigger NFL fan than I am, but I have to say, I have never heard anything about gang signs or gang involvement, when it comes to NFL players before.

Is this an issue?

Yes it is an issue. It has been reported on before. My understanding is there are players that are affiliated, not actually active, but because of there neighborhoods etc.. etc... not something you can just walk away from completely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #22
Rookie

TLizChosen's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
The thing is any thing can look like a gang sign. Some do it and not even know what they are doing. They are like program to do it. Especially kids. I remember when I work at a school for trouble teens. Every picture I have of them they are throwing up signs. I guess you have to represent.
I guess you can blame it on Technology making the world so smaller in a sense. Television and internet and entertainment (music etc..) making such activities look grand. I went to Elementary, Jr. High, and some High School in Southern Cal. (I am over 35) I am NC born. I never tried to rep any gang in anyway. I was introduced to this world when I was 8 yrs old, and the first person I met was CRIP. I am just saying banging just never made sense to me and I knew it was not cool to try and rep what I was not.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:05 AM   #23
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I'd venture to guess that over 95% of nfl players are college grads. How on earth would someone that goes to college choose to be in a gang. It makes no sense to me, if you're educated, you know that street gangs are social cancers.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:36 AM   #24
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
My man there a whole bunch of pro football players who are in gangs or have been affiliated with games... That doesn't mean there active..Check Keyshaun Johnsons bio he has admitted he was affiliated with gangs..and it does not suprise me that the NFL has now caught on to what signs some of these players are throwing up..Happens a bunch in college as well...
Well, if that is true, then I guess it's probably good that the NFL take a look at this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »