Home

Army Forces Capmbell to Give Up Football

This is a discussion on Army Forces Capmbell to Give Up Football within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 10:18 PM   #17
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Army Forces Capmbell to Give Up Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
His first duty is to the Army, not football.

He knew that going in. If he has a problem, maybe he should have gone somewhere else.
This is obviously true, but wouldn't he have still been an Army officer with the Lions? In all honesty, he would've been MUCH more beneficial there in the grand scheme of things than as a 2LT who probaly won't deploy before he can reinstate anyways.

And apparently the Army thought so too. This is a DoD decision, which leads me to believe that the bitching from Air Force and Navy caused all of this.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 07-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #18
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

This give even more reason not to enter the Army.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:52 PM   #19
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
This give even more reason not to enter the Army.
*takes off mod hat*

This comment is completely unwarranted. Joining any branch of the military has NOTHING to do with their athletics. To insinuate such is shallow and uninformed.

I am with OSU. Is the way they did it *** backwards? Yeah, but his #1 priority is to the military, period.

*puts mod hat back on a goes on about his night*

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:30 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
*takes off mod hat*

This comment is completely unwarranted. Joining any branch of the military has NOTHING to do with their athletics. To insinuate such is shallow and uninformed.

I am with OSU. Is the way they did it *** backwards? Yeah, but his #1 priority is to the military, period.

How is it unwarranted?

The Army told this kid he could play football, but then went against their word and forced him to go back to active duty. Why would someone want to join a company, if you know they will lie to your face? I think that's reason enough for not wanting to enlist.

"Oh sure, after your 15 month tour you can go home to your family....15 months later....sorry man, you're not going home yet. How about about a couple more months overseas? Sound good? No? Too bad."
Old 07-23-2008, 11:35 PM   #21
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
This is obviously true, but wouldn't he have still been an Army officer with the Lions? In all honesty, he would've been MUCH more beneficial there in the grand scheme of things than as a 2LT who probaly won't deploy before he can reinstate anyways.

And apparently the Army thought so too. This is a DoD decision, which leads me to believe that the bitching from Air Force and Navy caused all of this.
I'll give you this, for the Army, he would have been a great recruitment tool. Unfortunately, this has some dumb motivation behind it, such as the Army getting too much press.

No matter what though, it's hardly a classless move. The Army does to probably many people...and it's even worse for those in the reserve and taking them away from their "normal" lives and making them do what they are trained to do.

He'll get his chance someday in the NFL, just right now he has to do his duty as a part of the United States Army.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 11:36 PM   #22
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
*takes off mod hat*

IMO you are absolutely correct. The second you take the oath you beome a willing servant of the country's needs as well as the DOD. He knew that going in. Soldier first,athlete second. Plus he got a great education from a awesome school in the process. He will be able to play in two years if he wants too. At this time the Army needs all of it's officers in active duty mode. It is what it is.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:43 PM   #23
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Wow that's a bunch of crap. I was really happy for the kid getting a chance during the draft. Hopefully he'll be able to get it overturned somehow.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:50 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 32

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...t.32e0e48.html

Quote:
Cadets accepted into the program "will owe two years of active service in the Army, during which time they will be allowed to play their sport in the player-development systems of their respective organizations and be assigned to recruiting stations. If they remain in professional sports following those two years, they will be provided the option of buying out the remaining three years of their active-duty commitment in exchange for six years of reserve time."
The Army reneged on the rule, breaking their promise to anyone who applied for the Alternative Service Option. How can anyone say that isn't classless?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »