Home

Packers Family Night Scrimmage on NFL Network.

This is a discussion on Packers Family Night Scrimmage on NFL Network. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Packers Family Night Scrimmage on NFL Network.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were Packers fans. Rodgers looked terrific when it counted against Dallas last season on primetime. He'll be fine, and it should be expected that there will be growing pains as a first years starter (assuming he gets the job).
Old 08-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #10
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Rodgers looked so-so out there but I ain't really expect him to do too much out there anyway.

The receivers though, other than Driver, I don't know if somebody misplaced their hands with Darrell Jackson or Terrell Owens but they couldn't catch a cold if they wanted to. So I'd say it was more 60-40 Receivers because of the amount of the drops they had.

The O-line could've done a little better but they did look pretty good, especially in the Run game. Jackson ain't look like the same one that ain't know what the hell to do last year.

Brohm looked good at times and then other times you had to remember that he is a rookie because some of the passes he was making were like WTF.

I just hope most of this can be at least tuned up by next Monday Night though but I gotta feeling it will.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #11
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
The defense will always look good this time of year. They've seen nothing but the same formations and plays all week from the offense. I would be willing to bet most of the defensive guys could call out the offense's play as soon as they line up.
You've must not have seen our previous scrimmages because this was out the norm for them to look THIS good THIS early in camp. Any other year, the Offense would march right up the field on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You've must not have seen our previous scrimmages because this was out the norm for them to look THIS good THIS early in camp. Any other year, the Offense would march right up the field on them.
Well there's a big difference between this year and the previous 16.

Seriously though, I agree with your earlier post. I hate watching scrimmages anyway. You practice as hard as you play but you can't look at practice the same as a game. Jackson did look good though... maybe that's why it took so long to give Grant his money, but the escalating contract makes perfect sense. What was up with Jackson getting pumped like he just won the Sb after a couple of runs in a scrimmage though?
Old 08-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #13
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Yea I don't know what was up with Jackson man lol. Somebody needed to remind him that it was August 3rd not September 9th.

My man Rouse looked REAL impressive out there. I kind've want him to start this season but I don't know if I'd put him in over Collins RIGHT NOW. They say all 3 safety positions are open but I think the only one that really is open is FS. After Atari's performance in the final month of the season and playoffs and a strong offseason, he's pretty much a lock to start again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »