Home

So who wins more games, GB or NYJ?

This is a discussion on So who wins more games, GB or NYJ? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who will win more games in 2008?
Green Bay 53 69.74%
New York Jets 23 30.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: So who wins more games, GB or NYJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
1st round doesnt guarantee talent (see Ryan Leaf)
That is a horrible example, Ryan Leaf was as talented as anybody.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #26
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
That is a horrible example, Ryan Leaf was as talented as anybody.
College, yes. NFL, no.

If you dont accept that, we'll go with Alex Smith and his struggles despite being the #1 pick in the draft.

Not all those who go in the first, second, third, fourth, etc work out obviously but bringing up a draft pick for his potential playing ability is bleh.

Last edited by av7; 08-07-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
College, yes. NFL, no.

If you dont accept that, we'll go with Alex Smith and his struggles despite being the #1 pick in the draft.
He had plenty of NFL talent. He didn't have an NFL mind, work ethic, attitude, or maturity.

I don't really know what your arguing. I never said Rodgers is a sure thing to be a great player. Just said he obviously has talent, and he hasn't done anything to show he's not going to be a good player. So I don't know why a lot of people seem to be assuming he's going to fail.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Why do so many people assume Rodgers isn't any good?

He played well in his one opportunity and he was a first round pick for a reason.

Obviously he's unproven, but I don't know why so many people already think he's a bad player.
because in that one opportunity, he came in in the middle of the game. no nfl defense had any tape on him. He's still a ?? until he proves otherwise. i think at least he'll be adequate. He's had 3 years to sit and watch.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 08-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #29
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
He had plenty of NFL talent. He didn't have an NFL mind, work ethic, attitude, or maturity.

I don't really know what your arguing. I never said Rodgers is a sure thing to be a great player. Just said he obviously has talent, and he hasn't done anything to show he's not going to be a good player. So I don't know why a lot of people seem to be assuming he's going to fail.
People like to assume that a replacement for a HOFer will fail before thinking they could actually fair well. He's got all the right things going for him, studied the offense long enough but he's just missing playing time but he'll get that.

Even the ESPN crew gives no hope to Rodgers, they all jumped on the NYJ bandwagon
Old 08-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

All of the "experts" on ESPN are claiming the Jets will have more wins. Honestly? Green Bay's strength last season was their defense, and while they certainly were a greater team with Favre, you can't take them out of the weak NFC race (especially the week NFC North) just because they don't have Favre.

Now I live in NY and see most of the Jets games and I have to say that the Jets were the best 4-12 team in the league. Two seasons ago they surprised everybody by going 10-6 and it seemed they got all the breaks and good luck. Last season was the direct opposite, having plenty of bad luck and never getting any breaks. Mangini is a great coach and with an aggressive free agent off season, as well as Favre, I think they have a great chance at the playoffs.

But to sit here and say the Jets are a better team than the Packers is like saying the Dolphins will win more games than the Cowboys.

And as a side note, it may because of my Packer-fan biasedness, but I'm still not sold on the Vikings. They seem to just have some big names in various positions and don't have that team aspect that a great team needs.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:58 PM   #31
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

As many times I've seen this question get asked, I've never seen any NON Packer fan actually answer this question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #32
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
Looking at the fact that they play the AFC South, it would be a miracle IMO if the Packers go 10-6..........

Unless you feel they can go 5-1 in their division. Personally, I have them going 3-3 in division, and they also have the Cowboys, @ Saints, and @ Seahawks to play.

8-8 wouldn't surprise me for Green Bay.

I voted for the Jets; I think they can get at least 9 wins.
EDIT: My bad. I read wrong lol

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 08-08-2008 at 01:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »