Home

Chad Johnson just being Chad Johnson..

This is a discussion on Chad Johnson just being Chad Johnson.. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #41
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Chad Johnson just being Chad Johnson..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
75 yards per game is exactly what randy moss averaged last year if you take away his 4 best games.
Moss also had more good games and spread his touchdowns around.

Then again, he is Randy Moss.

I'm just saying, if I were to make up a list of top ten WR's, I doubt Chad would make my list.

But I am biased, because I hate Chad Johnson.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #42
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
As of today I don't think he's in the top 5-10 discussion. This time last year he most definitely was, so I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up back in that discussion again but it's fair to say that he had a down year and complained all the way through, leading up to the noise he made in the offseason. He needs to shut his trap and play football. Put in another good year and then he can start joking around again. Right now he's not even the best WR on his team.

As for the comparison to Moss, what was his TD total in those games? And what was his team record? Also, how much lip did Moss have, boasting or complaining?

With that said, who cares if he thinks he can beat Phelps whether he's joking or not? That's a reason to hate a guy?
Where was the comparison to Moss?

And the fact that he had a 'down' year last year and still 90+ catches and 1400+ yards alone puts him in the top 5-10 discussion.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #43
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
As of today I don't think he's in the top 5-10 discussion. This time last year he most definitely was, so I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up back in that discussion again but it's fair to say that he had a down year and complained all the way through, leading up to the noise he made in the offseason. He needs to shut his trap and play football. Put in another good year and then he can start joking around again. Right now he's not even the best WR on his team.

As for the comparison to Moss, what was his TD total in those games? And what was his team record? Also, how much lip did Moss have, boasting or complaining?

With that said, who cares if he thinks he can beat Phelps whether he's joking or not? That's a reason to hate a guy?
wwharton my man, any other time, me and you are pretty much always on the same page

[Stephen A. Smith]HOWEVAAAAAAAAA[/Stephen A. Smith]

I gotta disagree with you on some things.

Quote:
but it's fair to say that he had a down year
Did he have a bad year? Possibly. If you're comparing this PAST season to his previous ones, then I can understand. But if ya'll think having almost 1500 yds and 8 TDs a "down year", I'd hate to consider what having 1600 yds and 10 TDs would be lol.

2. Does he need to shut up and play? Yeah, but AGAIN, this is Chad Johnson. We've all heard the SAME thing come out of his mouth for the last 4-5 years so why everybody is telling him to be quiet when we know he WON'T and when most of us SHOULD be used to this by now. Just like we're used to Steve Smith talking trash, just like we're used to Ray Lewis doing his pregame dance, just like we're used to Bill Belichick not really saying anything at his PC and just like we're used to Jon Gruden dropping F bomb after F bomb after F bomb after F bomb lol.

3. Shouldn't he be allowed AT LEAST 1 sub par year to have in his career? Or is it because since it's the Wide Receiver position, if you have ONE bad or sub par year, then you are banned from speaking ever again lol. I mean Randy Moss had BACK to BACK sub par years in Oakland but people(for the most part)defended Moss for that the minute he came to New England because his TEAM was terrible.

Quote:
Right now he's not even the best WR on his team.
Uhhhhhhh yea, you lost me on that as well my man lol
Old 08-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #44
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmatic
Where was the comparison to Moss?

And the fact that he had a 'down' year last year and still 90+ catches and 1400+ yards alone puts him in the top 5-10 discussion.
Jackets compared him to Moss (taking away Moss' best 4 games and posting his yards per game).

There are some really good WRs in the NFL right now. I don't think Chad's "projected" as one of the top 10. That doesn't mean that he won't be, which is why I said he could easily be back in that discussion after this year. Right now though, I could list at least 10 that I expect to outperform him this year. Certainly doesn't mean he sucks or is even mediocre... just not top 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
wwharton my man, any other time, me and you are pretty much always on the same page

[Stephen A. Smith]HOWEVAAAAAAAAA[/Stephen A. Smith]

I gotta disagree with you on some things.

Did he have a bad year? Possibly. If you're comparing this PAST season to his previous ones, then I can understand. But if ya'll think having almost 1500 yds and 8 TDs a "down year", I'd hate to consider what having 1600 yds and 10 TDs would be lol.

2. Does he need to shut up and play? Yeah, but AGAIN, this is Chad Johnson. We've all heard the SAME thing come out of his mouth for the last 4-5 years so why everybody is telling him to be quiet when we know he WON'T and when most of us SHOULD be used to this by now. Just like we're used to Steve Smith talking trash, just like we're used to Ray Lewis doing his pregame dance, just like we're used to Bill Belichick not really saying anything at his PC and just like we're used to Jon Gruden dropping F bomb after F bomb after F bomb after F bomb lol.

3. Shouldn't he be allowed AT LEAST 1 sub par year to have in his career? Or is it because since it's the Wide Receiver position, if you have ONE bad or sub par year, then you are banned from speaking ever again lol. I mean Randy Moss had BACK to BACK sub par years in Oakland but people(for the most part)defended Moss for that the minute he came to New England because his TEAM was terrible.

lol, I actually still don't think we disagree too much here. He had a down year, not a bad year... meaning compared to his standard not the league's. I'm not hating on Chad the player at all. He's amazing and could still be one of the top THREE WRs in the game, but going into this season, I expect better production from at least 10 WRs than CJ.

As for your #2, before Chad was all about having fun, all of his trash talk was fun, celebrations, etc. That changed. Now he's just talking. He's not being completely disrespectful but he's spoken out against his coach, his QB, Cincy, etc. I could care less what he says about Phelps... that's Chad being Chad. I don't like most of the other talk though. And last year, he was bitching a lot more when he wasn't getting his way. It could've been his fault, could've been Palmer's fault, could've been injuries, but whatever it was, that's not cool to mouth off about. Believe me, I said the same thing when Ray spoke to the media about the state of the Ravens D line a few years ago. He was right but that's stuff you don't want your leader to be speaking about. I know you've seen a lot of Ravens games. Am I wrong in that the melt down against NE and outspoken nature of lesser players like Scott and Ivy against Billick are probably due to Ray's leading by bad example there? Anyway, getting a bit off topic.

#3, sure. Again I've got nothing against Chad the player and still like Chad the person. I just want him to shut up and get back to playing ball.

#4, don't sleep... check the stats. TJ's a beast.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #45
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I'd take TJ over Chad 10 times out of 10.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #46
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

PPM, I also want to say that Moss had a down year and then we didn't hear from him. He wasn't in the news for off the field stuff and he wasn't speaking out against anyone, and he even stopped the "look at me" celebrations (which you know he used to do b/c he mooned your fans ). He became relevant again in NE and he's still keeping his mouth shut.

I'm not even saying Chad needs to go to that extreme, but now's the time he should dial it back a bit.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #47
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
I'd take TJ over Chad 10 times out of 10.
Quote:
But I am biased, because I hate Chad Johnson.
(If you we're being sarcastic about this then I apologize.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #48
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
PPM, I also want to say that Moss had a down year and then we didn't hear from him. He wasn't in the news for off the field stuff and he wasn't speaking out against anyone, and he even stopped the "look at me" celebrations (which you know he used to do b/c he mooned your fans ). He became relevant again in NE and he's still keeping his mouth shut.

I'm not even saying Chad needs to go to that extreme, but now's the time he should dial it back a bit.
Didn't Moss admit that he smoked weed in the off season when he was in Oakland?(If not then my bad)

Not trying to compare that to what Chad did/doing but Moss ain't exactly have the "perfect" offseason either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »