Home

Bills To Toronto?!

This is a discussion on Bills To Toronto?! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Bills To Toronto?!

I think more people are worried about a Toronto NFL team would be a repeat of the Montreal Expos, not the Blue Jays.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #58
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I think more people are worried about a Toronto NFL team would be a repeat of the Montreal Expos, not the Blue Jays.
You're making a bit of an oversimplified point there. The reason the Expos eventually died was because ownership lied to the fans about getting a new stadium. I vividly remember Jeffrey Loria buying some land and even mock ups of a new stadium on the drawing board. The team's previous ownership was cash strapped near the end as well. They played in a crummy stadium and were selling off their best players almost every year.

Not exactly a recipe for a solid franchise.

Toronto would be a different story as ownership would have more money then they know what to do with and Rogers Centre would only be a temporary home as there would definitely be a new stadium built.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #59
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

I think Toronto would be a fantastic place for an NFL team... especially with the Canadian economy doing better than the U.S. I'd feel for Bills fans if it happened though.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog71
I'd feel for Bills fans if it happened though.
Right on man!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
I'd feel for Bills fans if it happened though.
It would indeed be sad to take this storied franchise away from the people of Buffalo. But as far as having your team move away, this is pretty much a best case scenario since they could just take a 2 hour drive and go to the games, much like tons of current Bills fans drive from Toronto to Buffalo to attend the game now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #62
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
I think Toronto would be a fantastic place for an NFL team... especially with the Canadian economy doing better than the U.S. I'd feel for Bills fans if it happened though.
I agree. If not the Bills,when the NFL expands again I think Canada should get a team. Great football fans up there. They deserve an NFL team.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #63
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
It's not unnecessarily getting people out, but getting people in. The type of people who would embrace going to Canada aren't really the NFL players, and especially when it comes to young black men. If you think the majority of Americans would openly embrace going to Canada, you have very little knowledge about the US.
Your argument is valid if you are talking about other cities like Halifax or say Winnipeg, but Toronto has the night life and the cultural diversity that athletes like.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #64
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
You're making a bit of an oversimplified point there. The reason the Expos eventually died was because ownership lied to the fans about getting a new stadium. I vividly remember Jeffrey Loria buying some land and even mock ups of a new stadium on the drawing board. The team's previous ownership was cash strapped near the end as well. They played in a crummy stadium and were selling off their best players almost every year.

Not exactly a recipe for a solid franchise.

Toronto would be a different story as ownership would have more money then they know what to do with and Rogers Centre would only be a temporary home as there would definitely be a new stadium built.
Thank you...

With all do respect to our American brethren, they don't know what they are talking about regarding Canada.

The Expos had horrible ownership and the fans were supposed to get a new downtown ballpark, but that never happened. It's the main reason why fans didn't show up.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »