Home

Quinn Finally Gets His Shot

This is a discussion on Quinn Finally Gets His Shot within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #25
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Quinn Finally Gets His Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I remember reading all the Cleveland fans pretty excited to land Quinn.

Maybe something changed in this year.
Charlie Frye was our starting QB. We didn't know what we had with Anderson.

Of course we are going to be excited about someone who had the touting and success of Brady.

Now we have Anderson and most of us in Cleveland know that if we are going to win this year, it's going to be with DA, not BQ.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #26
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88

Brady Quinn may be a good QB. Sure as hell made that crappy ND team look better than they were.
He really didn't though. Name one quality win posted by ND while Quinn was the QB.

I am interested to see what DA does, especially wth the Quinn right behind him. Cleveland has enough talent on offense they should score points with either guy. I think DA gives you more opportunities for big plays, but I think he also gives you more opportunties to give the defense big plays. I think when he develops Quinn is going to be more of a game manager, while Anderson will always be a bit of a gunslinger.

I am curious to see what happens if DA has a big year. I think moving Quinn due to cap restrictions would still be difficult next year.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #27
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He really didn't though. Name one quality win posted by ND while Quinn was the QB.

I am interested to see what DA does, especially wth the Quinn right behind him. Cleveland has enough talent on offense they should score points with either guy. I think DA gives you more opportunities for big plays, but I think he also gives you more opportunties to give the defense big plays. I think when he develops Quinn is going to be more of a game manager, while Anderson will always be a bit of a gunslinger.

I am curious to see what happens if DA has a big year. I think moving Quinn due to cap restrictions would still be difficult next year.
Quinn was on a terrible team, and he made the offense appear to have talent. Other than Jeff Samarajsasdlk and his TE, he has NOTHING on offense to work with.

But DA fits our offense much, much better. If he could only be semi accurate with his short throws, he'll be just as good this year.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #28
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Well they beat USC right?
Old 08-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #29
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Well they beat USC right?
LOL you would think.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #30
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:

I agree. DA is much more of a gunslinger while Quinn manages the offense a little better. DA isn't as animated as Quinn when he's in there either.

Things I like about DA though is his arm and ability to just drop some deep passes right in WR's arms. (Baltimore, I gotta ask again, how did you cut this guy??).

DA's INT issues over the last 8 games of last year, and his poor passing in the 2 preseason games have me a little worried. In all seriousness, I think he's hit one on target pass in both games, that was the first pass to Winslow last night. The Jets game, every ball was high, wide, or low.

It's a good place for Cleveland to be in if Quinn is at least decent for this year.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 08-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #31
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I'm in Cleveland, so, show me where they are...

Because his jersey sells well here? I'm sure every high draft pick QB has his jersey move.
Not only that but Quinn is from Cleveland! Of course people would be excited that the hometown guy could be the new QB on a team that had just made a bunch of big time moves and looked to be back in the playoff picture. With Lebron staying in Cleveland also, makes Quinn coming even more exciting. Definitely doesn't mean they think he's going to be a hall of famer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C
Just pointing it out that I've always been in the Anderson camp. Except for the times when I wasn't.

I'm not to worried about Anderson's pre-season. He couldn't even beat out Charlie Frye last year so maybe pre-season isn't his thing.
He couldn't beat out Frye the year before either... during the actual season. Just sayin'.

The story is actually that they told Seattle they could have either Frye or DA and they chose Frye. With that offense (and average defense) I still believe Quinn's the better fit but maybe DA did figure it all out all of a sudden. Just don't really see it. He faded last year, has looked mediocre in preseason and doesn't have a history to say otherwise. We'll see but I think he'll end up traded after a solid but not great year and then look like Grossman on a team without the receiving targets and line that Cleveland has.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #32
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Quinn was on a terrible team, and he made the offense appear to have talent. Other than Jeff Samarajsasdlk and his TE, he has NOTHING on offense to work with.
You're kidding right? They had talent at RB, they had talent at WR and they had talent at TE.

4 years as a starter, name a big win.

Just not sure why people are enamored with him, if he didn't play at ND, no way he gets the hype he did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »