Home

How good is Anquan Boldin?

This is a discussion on How good is Anquan Boldin? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #57
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: How good is Anquan Boldin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
No, but what is funny is that he mentions Roy Williams as a Top 10 receiver when he's not even the best WR in his own division.
Quote:
I guess people on here go by fantasy numbers instead of ACTUAL STATS to determine who's better than who.

Sad thing fantasy football is doing to this sport.
Eh, I'd put Roy above both Driver and Jennings too and definitely not b/c of fantasy (Jennings had better stats than Roy last year actually). I don't think I'd put him in the top 10 but he deserves consideration. Give Jennings another year like last and then I'll put him up there. Driver's on the way down the mountain. He's still a great WR but his top 10 sniffing days are behind him.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
I guess people on here go by fantasy numbers instead of ACTUAL STATS to determine who's better than who.

Sad thing fantasy football is doing to this sport.
Think about it driver and jennings had favre

and roy has kitna

I think a lot has to be said for the quaterbacks. Will see what happens to the packers passing game without there all mighty leader.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #59
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

And I don't even know how Jennings came into this conversation anyway lol. But yea, if we are speaking on RIGHT NOW(since once again that's ALL we can go by)let's see

Last 3 Years:

DD(AFTER the age of 30): Over 1200 Yds 2 of the last 3 years, Tops among the league in Receptions the last 3 years, Averaged over 14 yards a catch, 2 of the last 3 years, 2 Fumbles COMBINED the last 2 years.

Roy Williams: Gone over 1300 Yds Once, Averaged over 13 yards a catch the last 3 years, 4 Fumbles lost the last 2 years COMBINED, Among the Top or near the top TD Leaders last 3 years.

I won't even mention that Pro Bowl nonsense because we ALL know how much of a joke the voting process is.

And to say Driver's days as being among the Top 10 being over, how so? Because his numbers weren't as high as they were the year before. I mean considering the fact that he FINALLY had a THREAT opposite of him, I'm not suprised his numbers dipped some. Hell for all we know, he might be among the Top WRs in the league again this year.

But can somebody PLEASE explain to me how Roy is THAT MUCH better than Driver?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #60
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad

and roy has kitna

I think a lot has to be said for the quaterbacks. Will see what happens to the packers passing game without there all mighty leader.
Harrington also
Old 08-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #61
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad

and roy has kitna

And that STILL didn't stop him from getting 1300 yds. Nice try though, but then again I see your avatar and I'm not suprised you try to use that line.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not underestimating Roy because I think he one HELLUVA Receiver, not hating on him or nothing. But like I said, if we're going by RIGHT NOW, then how is Roy that much better than Donald?

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 08-21-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #62
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Roy Williams takes a squidgy one on Donald Driver, ok?

He's 6'3" 211, athletic as hell, has wheels and is like 7 years younger that Driver. If he had a legit quarterback throwing to him, Williams would be a top 10 receiver easy. And it wouldn't be because of stats. The one stat that would blow up, though, would be touchdowns. Imagine McNabb throwing to Roy Williams.

Nothing against Driver. Dude is very good, but Roy Williams is a freak of a receiver. Driver is not.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #63
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
And I don't even know how Jennings came into this conversation anyway lol. But yea, if we are speaking on RIGHT NOW(since once again that's ALL we can go by)let's see

Last 3 Years:

DD(AFTER the age of 30): Over 1200 Yds 2 of the last 3 years, Tops among the league in Receptions the last 3 years, Averaged over 14 yards a catch, 2 of the last 3 years, 2 Fumbles COMBINED the last 2 years.

Roy Williams: Gone over 1300 Yds Once, Averaged over 13 yards a catch the last 3 years, 4 Fumbles lost the last 2 years COMBINED, Among the Top or near the top TD Leaders last 3 years.

I won't even mention that Pro Bowl nonsense because we ALL know how much of a joke the voting process is.

And to say Driver's days as being among the Top 10 being over, how so? Because his numbers weren't as high as they were the year before. I mean considering the fact that he FINALLY had a THREAT opposite of him, I'm not suprised his numbers dipped some. Hell for all we know, he might be among the Top WRs in the league again this year.

But can somebody PLEASE explain to me how Roy is THAT MUCH better than Driver?
THAT MUCH better? Don't know if I'd say that. Driver's pretty good. But this year moving forward, I'd put my money on Roy. He's much younger and should continue getting better. I don't think Driver is going to be any better and will probably start to decline sooner. Again, that's not saying he's bad but we're talking about two pretty good WRs and one has to be considered better than the other... I think Roy is better. P2K explains more. In terms of potential Roy's got him beat.

As for top 10, you make it sound like we're talking about top 100, lol. I don't think Roy makes my top 10 list but with his potential he's right there. I'd be shocked if Driver is ever considered right there again b/c of the company in that club.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:32 PM   #64
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OF COURSE, you're gonna take Roy if had to chose between the two. Just for the fact because like you said, he's younger and SHOULD continue to get better. HOWEVER, sure Roy has a hell of lot more potential than Donald has(if he even has any)as we all SHOULD know, potential don't mean a damn thing because you can have ALL the potential in the world and still be some cold garbage(Not saying Roy is because he's FAR from that).

He didn't have a legit QB in 06(first and ONLY year so far he has played a full season)but didn't have a problem putting up over 1300 yds and 7 Tds while averaging 81.9 ypg so don't even play that QB crap lol.

Will he have a better UPcoming season than Driver?Possibly but you can make that SAME case for ANY player in the league.

AGAIN, i'm not knocking Roy whatsoever because he is EXTREMELY talented and a very good receiver but it just seems like people are saying he's better because of either his POTENTIALS(may or may not happen which is basically what it is) or because of his size, which was almost kind've funny to begin with because I've seen alot of 6'3 Receivers who ain't do a damn thing in the league lol.

I must have the record for most unanswered questions because I swear my ORIGINAL question STILL hasn't been answered so i'll ask it AGAIN lol.

AGAIN RIGHT NOW, what makes Roy Williams THAT MUCH better than Donald Driver RIGHT NOW? If somebody could answer that for me, then I'll drop it and admit that he is better than Donald.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »