Home

How good is Anquan Boldin?

This is a discussion on How good is Anquan Boldin? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #65
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: How good is Anquan Boldin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

AGAIN RIGHT NOW, what makes Roy Williams THAT MUCH better than Donald Driver RIGHT NOW? If somebody could answer that for me, then I'll drop it and admit that he is better than Donald.
I think he's a bigger more athletic target. I think he gets to balls that Driver simply can't get to. I think he causes more physical mismatches at the LOS than Driver does. And I think at this point he probably stretches the field better than Driver.

We've had this discussion about Driver, I am a big Donald Driver fan, I think he's very reliable and he's outstanding after the catch, but if I had to start a team now I would take Roy Williams over Driver without a second thought, because imo, he does a lot of things better than Driver.

Just my opinion, so take it for what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #66
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

And I respect your opinion(as do I do for everybody else).

I don't blame folks for taking Williams if had to START/BUILD a team because I would too.

You say he can get to balls that Driver can't get to. I'm a little confused by that. Did you mean as in jumpballs or just passes in general because as a WR, you're pretty much trained to be able to get ANY pass, high or low, soft or hard.

Does he stretch the field better than Driver? Who knows. The only way for us to REALLY determine that would be to watch EVERY single pass to the BOTH of them which I doubt either of us would do lol.

You also he causes more physical mismatches at the LOS than Driver does. I'm assuming you're talking about his height because if that's the case, than of course he does lol.

Driver can make the deep catch just as good as Roy can and he can also make the tough catches over the middle just as good as Roy can and he could take the big hits(and dish them out as well)just as good as Roy can.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:03 AM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

Driver can make the deep catch just as good as Roy can and he can also make the tough catches over the middle just as good as Roy can and he could take the big hits(and dish them out as well)just as good as Roy can.
Other than the catches over the middle thing, I have to disagree on just about all those. I am a big Driver guy, but I honestly don't think he does any of those things as well as Roy. I think Roy at this point in their careers is pretty does most things better than Driver. At least physically. I think Driver is a smarter player, and I think Driver has more of a will to win type attitude than Williams does, but I just don't think Driver is physically at the same level. Again purely my opinion, but I have seen a ton of both, and know that position a little bit.

That being said, I'd take either of them on my team any day, and I am a huge Driver guy because I love his after the catch ability and his fearlessness. I think Driver gets the most out of his abilities and I have a lot of respect for that. I am interested to see how both he, Jennings and Jones all perform with Rodgers as opposed to Favre.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #68
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

PPM, I know I've answered the question (not as well as BK but pretty much the same answer... and I didn't say anything about his QB, lol) but you don't want to hear it, brother. When we answer you've said "you can say that about any player" or things like that and that's true... all we have to go by is what we have to go by. But these aren't uneducated opinions. They are just opinions, of course but it's not like we're saying "He's better just because" lol. In my opinion he's better b/c he's bigger and stronger AND has proven to be successful with that considering everything else. They're both great WRs and Roy's doing things with the intangibles mentioned. I agree with BK that Driver is smarter and gets more out of what he's working with but Roy's working with more and should be learning to be even better. Considering how good he's proven to be it's a good assumption that he will be better.

We know Driver's your boy, it's ok.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #69
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Agree to disagree I guess. It just seems like both of them do almost the same exact things but yet that still doesn't matter.

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 08-22-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #70
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Agree to disagree I guess. It just seems like both of them do almost the same exact things but yet that still doesn't matter.
I'll take either one in San Diego, any day of the week, that's for sure.

Driver and Chris Chambers with Gates at TE? That would be sweet.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #71
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad
This is a good point, I know its a bad reason but i just feel unsure of someone coming out of the 7th round. He has showed hes a very good talent and I assume he will be successful this year, I just want to see it.
Lmao that's terrible reasoning.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #72
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I'll take either one in San Diego, any day of the week, that's for sure.

Driver and Chris Chambers with Gates at TE? That would be sweet.
I'd take either one too. This debate is almost as silly as the Ware/Merriman one... almost, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »