Home

Shawne Merriman vs DeMarcus Ware

This is a discussion on Shawne Merriman vs DeMarcus Ware within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who is better?
Shawne Merriman 30 40.00%
DeMarcus Ware 27 36.00%
I'm Biased 18 24.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #41
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Shawn Merriman vs DeMarcus Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
..although the Cowboys are going to extend Ware, while the Chargers might let Merriman walk.
Althought that's more due to AJ being AJ, and the fact they feel they have some other special players at that position in Shaun Phillips, Jiles Tucker and Marques Harris all guys who have played outstanding in Merriman's absence and all who have the special ability to get off the edge. Even if Ware was here instead of Merriman, it'd be the same situation. AJ I believe feels there's a ton of depth there and probably won't break the bank paying for that position. That's been his MO or at least it has been in the past.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-23-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #42
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Re: Shawne Merriman vs DeMarcus Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
. As far as the Cowboys, Ware is their best cover linebacker, as well as being their best pass rusher obviously.
I think Ware being their best cover LB has more to do with the fact their other OLB's (Ellis) natural position is DE, and I personally think depth at the LB position is one of the few weaknesses that team has.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #43
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Althought that's more due to AJ being AJ, and the fact they feel they have some other special players at that position in Shaun Phillips, Jiles Tucker and Marques Harris all guys who have played outstanding in Merriman's absence and all who have the special ability to get off the edge. Even if Ware was here instead of Merriman, it'd be the same situation. AJ I believe feels there's a ton of depth there and probably won't break the bank paying for that position. That's been his MO or at least it has been in the past.
perhaps that is true. I just found it interesting.

lol I can understand why you are on that fire AJ bandwagon (or are you still on it?)...they do let some good players walk. What is the deal with San Diego teams? The Padres dont like giving big extensions either. Although, I can understand that in baseball moreso than in football.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #44
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I think Ware being their best cover LB has more to do with the fact their other OLB's (Ellis) natural position is DE, and I personally think depth at the LB position is one of the few weaknesses that team has.
yea true. I definitely agree with that. Ellis is certainly not a cover guy.

Im worried about their linebackers, especially after Burnett's injury. He was their best nickel middle linebacker. He should be back in week 2 or 3, but it will take him some time to get back in shape and back in the flow

Their first round pick from 2 years ago, Spencer, got banged up also...and he is going to be out for another couple of weeks also. He is the backup OLB to both Ellis and Ware, and they are counting on him this year.

It will definitely be interesting to see how their linebacking unit plays to start the season. I guess Bobby Carpenter is finally going to get his shot to show. Zach Thomas is going to be steady, but they probably need to rotate him.

Last edited by ZB9; 08-23-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #45
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85
Do you actually post anything of substance, or do you just goad others into petty fights?
This is funny. Every post you've made in this thread has been an attempt to start a fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 06:24 PM   #46
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Anyone find it odd a large portion of the Ware votes are by Giants fans? I wonder why that is?
Old 08-23-2008, 06:26 PM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
perhaps that is true. I just found it interesting.

lol I can understand why you are on that fire AJ bandwagon (or are you still on it?)...they do let some good players walk. What is the deal with San Diego teams? The Padres dont like giving big extensions either. Although, I can understand that in baseball moreso than in football.
In the Padres case, it's simply a matter of not wanting to spend money. They simply are cheap.

The Chargers have never been afraid to spend the money, AJ just wants to prove he's smarter than everyone else, and so he does these kinds of things (See the Gates holdout, Brees to the Saints,firing Schotteheimer, etc, etc )

Yup I am certainly on the fire AJ bandwagon. I think I am driving it.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #48
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
lol have long have you been around this forum?

quite a few folks have been giving Cowboys fans hell for Dallas taking Ware over Merriman since that draft...which is interesting considering how good Ware has been.

seems you cant even talk about Ware without someone comparing him to Merriman. Cant talk about Roy Williams without someone comparing him to Reed. I guess i can understand it because they were drafted in the same years at the same positions.

it goes both ways...but you are right, i probably shouldnt have brought up Ware in that thread, regardless of any OS boomerang or of any parallel between the two. I should have known what that discussion would lead to. My bad on that.

but I would take Ware over Merriman "20 times out of 15"....of course, that is like someone saying Mercedez makes better cars than BMW. I guess both teams are happy they got the player they did in the draft, and i doubt either would swap...although the Cowboys are going to extend Ware, while the Chargers might let Merriman walk.
Nah, I'm plenty aware of the actual anti-Cowboy sentiment and that's no more okay than Cowboy-homering. I was just pointing out that you can't call out the people being Cowboy haters (specifically in this case) because you were the one inciting. If this argument started by someone saying that Merriman >>>>>> Ware out of nowhere then sure, go ahead lambast him for being a *****. But please don't call people haters for responding to your homering, regardless of how true it may be otherwise.
NCAA: UNC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »