Home

Eagles' website: Don't be excited about DeSean Jackson

This is a discussion on Eagles' website: Don't be excited about DeSean Jackson within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34
Eagles' website: Don't be excited about DeSean Jackson

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...5961&spadaro=1

Quote:
But there is a wind blowing here that makes me uneasy. It started as a breeze after the win in New England, a game in which Jackson had a 76-yard punt return for a touchdown to go along with four receptions and the kind of moves in the not-so-open field that makes your jaw go slack in awe. On Sunday, that breeze picked up some intensity.

Jackson Mania is upon us. I feel it. And I don't embrace it.

Let me explain: I love Jackson, I think the world of him and I see the talent he has and the drive he owns and the charisma he brings to the offense. I get it. I'm all about Jackson. I can't wait to see him develop into what I think he could become.

But we're about to enter a world of extremes here. Reporters swarmed Jackson on Sunday when they weren't peppering Donovan McNabb (three of the 14 questions McNabb was asked dealt with Jackson), Brian Westbrook (three of 11 questions were about Jackson) and even Brian Dawkins (one question about Jackson).

Since when do teams have their "spinners" blog on their on the official website to tell fans NOT to get so excited about a player???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Eagles' website: Don't be excited about DeSean Jackson

He so slight. Never like those smaller wrs in the wco.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Ah, Philly is funny, lol. If he's saying Jackson shouldn't be getting the hype over the likes of McNabb, Westbrook or Dawkins then of course he's right. But the kid has proven a lot so far and is set to start at WR in Week 1. Consider WR is ALWAYS a huge questionmark in Philly, I can see why all the questions are about him right now.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

My theory on this:

They don't want another T.O. on their hands.

The Eagles drafted someone that they knew is prone to cockiness and can get big-headed. So, while the Eagles know they need him, they don't want the fans to make a big deal about him.

'Nobody is bigger than McNabb' is their motto.

But there has been a fatal flaw in their thinking. Instead of letting McNabb have the cocky, diva-like receivers to win a Super Bowl...they have deprived him of such, except for one year. And because of this, McNabb has been getting the brunt of why the Eagles don't have a Super Bowl. He has a giant, red target on his ***. Made it harder on their poor QB. When, instead, they could've given McNabb what he needed...win a Super Bowl or two...and McNabb would be a god in this city.

Eagles' thinking = *** backwards and that is why I feel bad for their fans.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

another TO? I didn't read the whole article but did they talk about that in there? I don't really know anything about this kid outside of what I've seen in the games... does he have an attitude problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
another TO? I didn't read the whole article but did they talk about that in there? I don't really know anything about this kid outside of what I've seen in the games... does he have an attitude problem?

"Another TO", I don't know. But he does have an attitude about him (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). One of the reasons he picked Cal over USC in college is because he wanted to wear the #1 jersey.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Lol another gem from Spuds. I'm surprised he isn't hyping up Jackson like he does every other rook/signee. I remember when Darren Howard was supposed to be in the best shape of his life, and a menace in training camp.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 08-25-2008, 08:23 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
He is a wr. Nuff said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »